PDA

View Full Version : @home disconnecting

Dblduce
10-05-00, 08:34 PM
Every time i seem to leave my computer unattended for more than 10 minutes, my modem mysteriously disconnects from the network. I have great download and connection speeds when im using my computer, but no matter if i connect to AOL, or just use IE or Netscape to surf, I get disconnected from the network if i dont touch my computer for 10 or 15 minutes. Does anyone know what is happening???

kerplunk
10-06-00, 05:18 PM
Won't someone help him? I would if I knew the answer. http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/wink.gif He asked so nice!!!

Storm90
10-06-00, 05:42 PM
Check all your connections! Reinstall Network adapter and Tcp/Ip Protocol. This might help your problem. Plus check your browers settings.

John
10-06-00, 06:45 PM
What "network" are you referring to? A LAN or the @home network?

Dblduce
10-06-00, 07:23 PM
I was referring to the @home network. I have since gotten it fixed. I talked to a rep. at @home, and he suggested i unclick the "microsoft family logon" box in the network settings. It has since been working perfectly! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! I know a lot of people would be lost w/o newsgroups like this, and experts like all of you to help us out!

John
10-06-00, 08:22 PM
Glad to hear it was fixed!