PDA

View Full Version : Installing NDISWAN

Ganchrow
10-03-00, 10:09 PM
Well, after about 11 months of no DSL service, a Verizon (formerly Bell Atlantic) tech finally showed up at my doorstep and replaced my splitter. Magically, I am now in sync again. I was all excited to re-install WINPOET and get back to my less than reliable 7.1MB DSL service, but I just discovered that WinME doesn't support WINPOET. I downloaded (over my cable modem) and attempted to install RASPPPOE (which I hear works with WinME, right? Right?) but received the message that both NDISWAN and RS_WANPPPOE needed to be installed. I tried adding the protocols but were unable to locate them either on my hard drive or on the WinME disk.

Any help? (I'd call Verizon (formerly Bell Atlantic,) and ask them but the last thing I need is to be on hold for an hour and a half and then have them tell me that I need to re-format my hard drive, re-install 98SE and move to a different state.)

dannjr
10-04-00, 01:18 AM
Enternet 300 now supports WinME. From NTS since Aug 2 you have to make sure that you uninstall all the old garbage first.
They have a trial version if it works out for you then you pay $29 thats the only thing I can think of right now.

Good luck with it.
Allot of the ISP's are in the same boat. They didn't think about support for winME probably because the kernal is based on win98
My ISP has the same problem

------------------

THE WORLDS THINNEST BOOK: THINGS I CAN'T BUY By Bill Gates