PDA

View Full Version : Bandwitdth

Merc
10-03-00, 09:56 PM
Ok i am sure there is no way to do this but i will just ask for the sake of asking so i can get my posts up http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif ....Is there anyway i can take more of my bandwitdth to my Downstream then Upstream cause i am getting 301kpbs with AT&T/Media1 whilde downstream i get only 990Kbps

glc1
10-03-00, 10:04 PM
No, u can't. 990kbps isn't that bad, it's better than a lot of people. Ur u/l is pretty damn good too, compared to most of @home, which is capped at 128kbps.

Merc
10-03-00, 10:09 PM
damn i dont upload really anything i mainly DL but i am not getting to into tweaking i am on my dads comp cause mine got fried i am assuming the motherboard got fried cause it wont boot it turns on but i cant tell what is going on cause there is no video card and it isnt the video card i tried my voodoo3 and my ATI Rage LT Pro

Mike656
10-04-00, 12:13 AM
I did some tests at a marketpro computer show in Gaithersburg MD and using the dslreports speed test I got 580KB downstream and around 150KB upstream. Since our area is just getting @home service no one must be using the system. I wish they would get with it and upgrade my neighborhood, makes my dsl which gets around 65KB down look like a 14.4 :-).

Mike