PDA

View Full Version : Hell yea Im getting AT&T T1 Dedicated service.

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 01:10 PM
Is anyone running on this and if you are is it real smooth??

wee96
10-02-00, 01:57 PM
How much are you going to be paying for that?

------------------
"I accept the word of Satan"
-Deicide

Cable Guy
10-02-00, 03:24 PM
Lucky you!

------------------
Its the cable guy!

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 04:13 PM
Its a 899$ setup fee then i pay somewhere around 600-890$ bucks per month.It takes around 2 days for them to instal it in my area.

fubarman
10-02-00, 04:13 PM
Do I smell someone rich????????

-----------------
http://www.clark.net/pub/webbge/jnov9802.gif

We Love you Jon

haze
10-02-00, 04:19 PM
They have a T1 where my wife works. We have RoadRunner at home. RoadRunner is FASTER!!!

Lex Luthor
10-02-00, 04:20 PM
Why??? Is this a joke or is this for business use?

Lex

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 04:21 PM
hey my mom agreed to do the service because in our Newspaper<TorontoStar>I Quote "@home worst thing to possibly hit Internet Market" lol now thats what reputation @home gets from ppl and so does BCE<Bell Canada Edition>They said in the report @home rogers never updates their services customer help is horrible so dont even think trying to call one of their tecs they will say "WE can DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT" and last time i told the Tec to f*ck off.SO that is one of the reasons for switching and my mom said she'll pay for it if its worth its money.

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 04:23 PM
oh yea there is Too many people on my Node there is around 300 people on it 24/7 lol all running ftps and crap like that.

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 04:25 PM
Hey if anyone can come up with a cheaper service that gets good speeds and good uploads please speak i live in Canada ontario in OSHAWA area.there arent too many service's.

Snowman
10-02-00, 04:31 PM
This has got to be a BS post. Anyone willing to pay $900.00 to have a T-1 into their home has got to be either nuts or so terribly rich that they cannot find enough to spend their money on. I honestly this this is nothing more than a fib. PS- what does your Mom do for a living if this is true?

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 04:41 PM
Snowman do you think the T1 lives up to its reputation or not? Is there another provider thats cheaper but can get sorta close to a t1 speed at a close flow? without awhole bunch of ppl on a node at once?

HalfLifer
10-02-00, 04:43 PM
My cable modem.
Download: 400-700 KB/sec.
Upload: 16 KB/sec.

T1.
Download: Maxed at 195 KB/sec.
Upload: Maxed at 195 KB/sec.

Are you willing to pay 800 dollars more a month for 180 more KB/sec on uploads?

glc1
10-02-00, 04:48 PM
Hell, y not a T3 if ur going to throw away that much $. Damn, $900 to install it what a rip.

[This message has been edited by glc1 (edited 10-02-2000).]

WhiteTrashGOD
10-02-00, 04:51 PM
This guy is obviously full of crap. http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif We have tons of rich folks here at the trailer park (they live in those big triple-wide jobbers) and none of them would DREAM of paying that much each month for internet service! http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/eek.gif

Seriously though, most 'Mom's' do not come from a generation that would think paying $800 a month for something like internet access is prudent.

Nice SpeedyGonzales, you had some of us fooled for a while....

------------------
-=WhiteTrashGOD=-

For unto the Trailer Park is Born a Savior...

[This message has been edited by WhiteTrashGOD (edited 10-02-2000).]

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 05:18 PM
My moms not the one buying it she sujested to my dad <Lawyer>soon to be a judge for Durham Region he will pay for it if it is good enuf my dad uses the net as much as i do.

Lex Luthor
10-02-00, 05:26 PM
2 days to install a T1? I'm doubting that. T1 install is typically at least a 3 week time frame, at least in the US.

Lex

WhiteTrashGOD
10-02-00, 05:41 PM
Oh well, if it IS true then I hate you, you bast/\rd! lol.. jk. It must be nice to have money....

------------------
-=WhiteTrashGOD=-

For unto the Trailer Park is Born a Savior...

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 05:53 PM
They said it should take 2 to 6 days it takes up to around a month to install a large network from AT@T and plus my dad called his mother which works at AT@T canada we get 80% off because she is one of the Chair Members.

glc1
10-02-00, 05:55 PM
80% off of the install or monthly fee?

haze
10-02-00, 05:55 PM
Guys, I'll go up and verify this the end of October. I'm flying some buddies up in my Lear. Going on a fishing trip. Heard the water is real clean north of the border.

Snowman
10-02-00, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by SpeedyGonzolas:
Snowman do you think the T1 lives up to its reputation or not? Is there another provider thats cheaper but can get sorta close to a t1 speed at a close flow? without awhole bunch of ppl on a node at once?

I work in a central office for BellSouth. The T-1 standard has been around for years and years. Does it live up to its reputation? Well, it is an excellent source for high speed transmission, but not for the price. You can geed good dsl or cable like a previous poster said for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention the equipment you will need in your house to terminate the T-1. Also, who's internet backbone are you going to pay to connect to? Its not like a dialup where your telco comes out and installs the T-1 and your online.....

Thorazine
10-02-00, 08:40 PM
900 bucks/month for home use!!!!! An incredible waste of money.

SpeedyGonzolas
10-02-00, 08:48 PM
Ok for you people who say its a waste of money what other provider could give me such good speeds as a t1 could because right now it aint @home for me.

fubarman
10-02-00, 08:56 PM
If your getting 80% off the monthly fee, I say go for it. You must connect to an internet backbone though. Just can't connect it to a phone line and your ready to surf. The biggest advantage of a T1 is the upload bandwith. Otherwise, xDSL or cable is plenty for the average user and even the more advanced. You want a T1 for major companies that have e-mail servers that need to be up and running 24/7 with consistant upload capability. Unless your really gonna put the bandwith to use (maybe host a website), you should check out the new 2 way satellite systems. . . these will far better suit your needs.

-----------------
http://www.clark.net/pub/webbge/jnov9802.gif

We Love you Jon

Pulp
10-02-00, 09:34 PM
It's so incredibly obvious you're a young kid lying through his ass, Speedy.

First off, I doubt your mom makes the $800 a month to pay for the service let alone your education.

Second, you CANNOT get a T-1 line in Ontario, Oshawa whatever through AT&T. Why? Because the only thing AT&T does in Canada is rent Bell Canada's phone lines for long distance. Sprint does the same thing.

BCE, which is Bell Canada Enterprises btw, owns all the lines through Ontario.

So face up, you've been posting and bitching about your @home cable service for the past 2 weeks...you will not be getting anything near a T-1, or above.

You might aswell change your nick on here Speedy, you've just made a complete ass of yourself.

They said it should take 2 to 6 days it takes up to around a month to install a large network from AT@T and plus my dad called his mother which works at AT@T canada we get 80% off because she is one of the Chair Members.

bug
10-02-00, 10:06 PM
hee-hee http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/wink.gif

Snowman
10-02-00, 10:11 PM
Ok for you people who say its a waste of money what other provider could give me such good speeds as a t1 could because right now it aint @home for me.

Speedy: Since a DS1 (T-1) is basically multiplexing 24 DSO's, get 24 dialup modems, 24 additional phone lines, 24 computers, network them, and surf all you want buddy because that thats as close as you will ever get to getting a T-1 in your house...Oh yeah, let your mom pay for all of that too since she's loaded http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/wink.gif

ssjDoh
10-02-00, 10:12 PM
And won't we feel dumb when his next post is on his T1 about a dedicated Quake3 server http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

hehe

powerfulsquid
10-03-00, 01:26 AM
OK...first off...even if you are getting 80% off T1,it's still not worth the 200k max download when you can get 500k on cable,and unless your a running some sort of server...you are incredibly stupid for going for 200k max T1 over 500k max cable.Secondly..i have @home and i have found no problems what so ever with there service and when I do have a problem..their tech support has helped me alot and fixed my problems..the only one they haven't fixed yet is the problem i'm having now,which concerns an outage in my area..the first i've had since getting the service.So if i were you..consider looking for another,fast service if you don't want @home or atleast consider sticking with @home.I have found it a very fast and reliable service since i've had it install.

cablenut
10-03-00, 03:52 AM
speedy sorry kid you lost http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif

FunK
10-03-00, 04:09 AM
I'm on cable (rather fast too) and I have to say this.
I have been looking for SDSL in the 1.5M and Higher range.

I want to run a web server, FTP etc.
For me this would be good.
Since he is not spending the money (and it's 80% off) I would go for it.
Hell, I'd like to see his speed tests.
Anyway speedy, get the damn T1 so that we know (from someone who can get it) whether it is worth the $$.
I think maybe a few peopls are jealous. Look throught he threads about all the people that wish their upload cap was higher.
Hell yeah @ 200k Upload!
Your pings will ROCK and you can actually run a decent server (perhaps making some money to pay for the connection).
Get Cable as well (just don't let Mom and Dad know) and judge for yourself which is better.

Good Luck

Peace,
FunK

SpeedyGonzolas
10-03-00, 07:22 AM
hey i might not be switching let me just say i get around 200kb/s to 500kb/s on uploading at Rogers@home now i dont know why but if you want to see ill send you pics please give me your icq nick and ill sned them to you.

kerplunk
10-03-00, 08:27 AM
This moron is full of it.

Just close this stupid lie.

puhbare
10-03-00, 08:53 AM
My husband has it at work and he said it worked really well until they got more people on the server, as you are only limited to about 8 (or something). Then it slows down to ISDN speed.

Whoever is getting this line: your father should look into DSL and Cable. I know you mentioned that they haven't come around your area, yet, but boy you're going to be losing a lot of money. Most DSL ISP have guaranteed lines that are comparable to T1, yet cost thousands less.

Nonetheless, I hope you don't gloat more than you have to us poor people on the board.

Kip Patterson
10-03-00, 09:05 AM
Well, ATT/Canada does seem to offer high-speed connectivity. See:
http://www.attcanada.com/english/html/business/mis.html

With respect to T-1 versus other technologies, in the US, at least, when you order a T-1 line what you normally get is HDSL. It is a more modern technology that does not require a repeater every mile as the original T-1 did.

On sunday afternoon I passed within about 10 miles of this person's location, after doing a week's driving in Canada. I was impressed by the genral condition of the cable plant in Canada, also with the wide availability of cable modems. They are available in Huntsville, for example, a pretty small town by US cable standards.

dmsmed
10-03-00, 10:48 AM
Two summers ago AT&T was offering T-1 for 250/month in Chicago for a short period.

SpeedyGonzolas
10-03-00, 09:54 PM
Hehe Kerplunk "PLUNK right in yo HEAD" J/k

No serious it happend give me your ftp info and whatch majic happen my friend.

user3657
10-03-00, 10:29 PM
atnt has some nice service, its just the @home network sucks.....there ip service rules!!!!!......i too have access to high speed dsl and t1 access at 85% off because my boss resells access.... so his workers could get discounts...but even that price would be about 500.00 a month for full t1, couple grand for install, and like 8k for a router.

i have optonline which is about 650k and 1mb up.....it out speeds and out pings my works t1 for 10000000000000000000th of the price.....and above all that i run dual modems which is about 10mb down and 2mb up for 50bucks a month

did you include the router price? they are about 7-10k for a cheapo one.

Xzaver
10-03-00, 11:32 PM
Are you serriouse man ?

Why not just get a 7.1 / 1.5 Meg DSL connection ?
It's just as fast (Probably Faster) and costs 400 less, Is DSL available in your area ? , And If your willing to Pay For A T1 Why not just get A DS3 connection ?

Best Regards , you lucky bastard~!
-Xzaver-

Philip
10-04-00, 12:00 AM
I actually had a similar dilemma earlier this year... I needed T1-like upstream bandwidth. A T1 would've cost me about $1,000 / month, with over $1K in installation costs. Instead, I went with 1.5 Mbit dedicated business SDSL, guaranteed >80ms latency throughout the major backbones, no oversubscription whatsoever, and very different than any residential service. Also, it comes with as many fee static IPs as you can justify using. The total monthly cost is about $450 and I'm pretty happy with the bandwidth for the $.

You have to consider that it is dedicated, and all upstream/downstream bandwidth is reserved for you whether you use it or not (just like a T1) that's why the price tag is much higher than residential accounts. The only justification for spending the money IMO is if you're using it for a business, rather than browsing the net.

From what I've seen, I'd get a dedicated SDSL over a T1 line anytime.

Just my .02

glc1
10-04-00, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Xzaver:
Why not just get a 7.1 / 1.5 Meg DSL connection ?
It's just as fast (Probably Faster) and costs 400 less7.1mbps is a lot faster and a T1 (1.5mbps/1.5mbps). I'd definitely get a high speed DSL connection instead of a T1 if I had money like that to burn. Good idea Xzaver.

Originally posted by user3657:
did you include the router price? they are about 7-10k for a cheapo one.Routers r not that expensive. We got a 4 grand Cisco router at work for our 2 T1s.

[This message has been edited by glc1 (edited 10-04-2000).]

emixnem
09-30-03, 02:21 AM
dat would be nice

Noir Pouvoir
10-01-03, 01:38 AM
Many providers in the GTA now offer 3500/640 >>same for Durham region, you obviously have not done any research. >>3500/640<< = 70-80 bucks a month..

There is no conceivable use for a t1 in a household environment, unless your filthy rich and have lost all concepts of value.

chpalmer
10-01-03, 03:06 AM
Yep- thins have changed in three years since those posts:p

wee96
10-01-03, 01:00 PM
:rotfl:

Originally posted by chpalmer
Yep- thins have changed in three years since those posts:p

Uncle Lar
10-01-03, 03:50 PM
C'mon mods! How much longer are you going to let this b.s. post sit here? This kid's so full of crap his eyes are brown. I'd suggest his mother takes that $800 a month and buys him a third grade education. Some of the more reliable posters have already proven him wrong. His father's mother is a chair member of ATT Canada? Since when does ATT offer discounts to employees' relatives? That would be falsification of records unless she actually lived at his address and had the phone in her name. To pay that much just for internet service and gaming is just insane. Take the extra cash and give it to some needy family for crying out loud. If not, I know a great tattoo shop that does a nice portrait of the word "sucker" that can be pasted across your forehead.