PDA

View Full Version : Download speed help with RCN cable modem!

grifster
09-30-00, 07:03 PM
Hope someone there can help! Never got any replies....

I have an RCN cable d/l, telco u/l hybrid modem. The download speed is running about 30 kbps during the evening and somewhat faster (50 kbps) during the morning. Can anyone recommend the speed tweaks that might help, using Win 98 SE. Have called the RCN tech support a number of times... an RF technician claims my signal strength is right. Downloads have to be better than this!

Thanks,

Grifster

[This message has been edited by grifster (edited 10-07-2000).]

grifster
10-07-00, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by grifster:
Hope someone there can help! Never got any replies....

I have an RCN cable d/l, telco u/l hybrid modem. The download speed is running about 30 kbps during the evening and somewhat faster (50 kbps) during the morning. Can anyone recommend the speed tweaks that might help, using Win 98 SE. Have called the RCN tech support a number of times... an RF technician claims my signal strength is right. Downloads have to be better than this!

Thanks,

Grifster

[This message has been edited by grifster (edited 10-07-2000).]

curt0r
10-07-00, 01:58 PM
hey, i used to have RCN - and i wasnt impressed at first either. I would get anywhere from 20kbps - 50kbps...then i got "download accelerator plus" (www.speedbit.com) and i went from 50 to up to 400! download the new version, and set it to "super acceleration mode" and see how it works.

TG
10-22-00, 12:47 AM
Grifster
HEy I have RCN too. In Central NJ. Im about at my wits end with this service. I lose data at Kali sometimes 20-30% packet loss!
My ping is nominal and ok but the loss is totally, unequivcally, un deniably UN-ACCEPTABLE!

I hope someone can and will someday find a fix for both of us.
E-mail me anytime you figure it out and Ill return the favor If I can find out my fix http://www.speedguide.net/ubb/smile.gif