PDA

View Full Version : any program to change my IP address???

HiMuRo
06-26-00, 09:38 AM
I would like to know is there a program for mi to change my cable IP address??
or any ways to do tat?

------------------
Dun Worry, Be Happy

Lex Luthor
06-26-00, 09:55 AM
Welcome,

First, it's always helpful to tell us where you are and what ISP you use so that ppl with the same ISP can help you the most.

Second, maybe ppl have reported that if you swap out your LAN card for a new LAN card, you'll get assigned a new IP address.

Other than that, you can try to leave your PC/modem off for a cpl days and see if you get a new IP.

Lastly, you could always just call them up and ask the ISP to assign you a new IP.

Good Luck.

Lex

HiMuRo
06-26-00, 10:06 AM
no other way to change to a IP that i can assign myself? I heard that there is a program that can do that, but i'm not sure abt that. I'm from Singapore.

Ice Storm
06-26-00, 01:25 PM
I use @home here in DFW area, I know they have the IP assigned to the MAC address on the modem. No matter what I do to my system, it always see's the modem MAC address. I have to call them and manually change it if I want to

488nm
06-27-00, 12:05 AM
try first turning off your cable modem. Then reinstall the tcpip stack. once the tcpip has been reinstalled and the computer restarted, turn the modem back on. then renew the ip address. that should gain a new one. Changing the nic card with another will do it since the mac will change. or just leave your modem off one night. hope this helps.

XorCist
06-27-00, 12:24 AM
with mediaone here in fresno, there is no way to request a new ip (except for calling them).....i totally formatted and re-installed 2k, and got the same ip I had before....some are set to change whenthe server updates...so u may have to wait until the next server update.

Bimmer
06-27-00, 12:39 AM
@Home here. I formatted more than 5 times in my days and have always had the same ip. I think they work it so that whenever i log into windows with my special name, such as as349987-a (no its not even close to mine) they have an ip pre assigned for you. You just need to call

HiMuRo
06-27-00, 11:00 AM
oic.... the onli way is to call them up and change the IP,,,, hmm... then nvm ... thx guys!!! ^_^

Fish Bait
07-03-00, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Bimmer:
@Home here. I formatted more than 5 times in my days and have always had the same ip. I think they work it so that whenever i log into windows with my special name, such as as349987-a (no its not even close to mine) they have an ip pre assigned for you. You just need to call

The only way you will get a different ip from @home is if they resegment the network. There is one other way....cancel your account and sign up again.

ushbelush
07-03-00, 04:08 PM
If I call them and ask for a new IP, will they be suspicious and ask why? and will they give me one?

Bunty
07-03-00, 04:39 PM
no matter what u do, i think the best way to change your ip, other than calling the ISP up, is just change your nic card or disconnect the modem for a while. Other than that there is no way. With @home, if you change the computer name they assign you, you wont get online and if you do anything else it wont work. There's no way to change your MAC address so forget that. Formatting rarely helps by the sound of the other guys here tyring to do it and failing at the IP change. Just stick to leaving the modem off, changing the NIC card or hope your isp gives you all true "dynamic" ips...not the crappy dynamic ip's that arent dynamic in nature but just dynamic in changing leases.

welcome

athometechyoudumbmonkeys
12-18-00, 11:39 PM
ok, listen real close

your nic does *NOT* have anything to do with your mac. you can take the same machine to your friend's house and use their modem and have the same mac as them. the mac is assigned to the modem on a broadband network (read whatis.com).

shutting your computer down will affect NOTHING unless you happen to do it while your lease is being renewed (know what DHCP is? check whatis.com again)

listen, these things are great forums for people to learn. but if you don't know what yr talking about, then don't run yr yap...it just hurts the people you talk at...monkey

S1lv3r
12-19-00, 01:06 AM
Hrm, If you have a dynamic ip, such as i do. Then the fix is easy i think, have never tried it myself but heard it works. If you have static, then yer stuck. On dynamic try this. Goto Start/run then type winipcfg and hit enter, make sure you are on your nic card not your modem in selections then hit release all and renew all. See if your ip is different. If no go on that then unplug your modem and let it reset, then plug it back in. Still got same ip, if you are skeered of someone hacking you, go get zonealarm its free and easy to use.

Stealthdoze
12-03-05, 12:56 AM
How do I change my IP Address?

Izzo
12-03-05, 07:35 AM

You got cable or DSL ?

YeOldeStonecat
12-03-05, 08:29 AM

Wow old thread.

Your IP, if we're talking about your internet IP address, is controlled by your ISP. You can release/renew...if you're up for a new IP, you'll usually get one. if their DHCP has determined your IP lease is not up yet...you'll get the same one. Cable and bridged DSL will usually have to ride out the full lease. PPPoE DSL will usually pull a new IP.

Izzo
12-03-05, 12:07 PM
Wow old thread.

Your IP, if we're talking about your internet IP address, is controlled by your ISP. You can release/renew...if you're up for a new IP, you'll usually get one. if their DHCP has determined your IP lease is not up yet...you'll get the same one. Cable and bridged DSL will usually have to ride out the full lease. PPPoE DSL will usually pull a new IP.

another banned gamer ....teehee

Stealthdoze
12-03-05, 06:15 PM
I have Cable.

Btw, this thread is five (5) years old! I didn't actually think anyone would reply!

Izzo
12-04-05, 05:28 PM
I have Cable.

Btw, this thread is five (5) years old! I didn't actually think anyone would reply!

We aim to please... ..power down yoour modem/router, unplug the cable and let it reset ..'bout 10 minutes or so ... or what YoSc said ..ip release/renew at the command line

mikechri
12-05-05, 06:02 PM
Steganos, a German software house, sells an anonymizer package that allows you to customize how often it changes your IP address. It goes through a 'learning process' that adds fast proxy servers to a list that it uses to disguise your real IP address.

It slows down access time; makes a T1 line act like DSL but what's it worth to you to be able to be unrecognizable by your foes? Not sure if Steganos would work for gamers but it isn't that expensive to try.

Other packages such as Ghost Surf Pro and Anonymizer do similar things but I've found them erratic and not worth the effort.

Good Luck!

Don't let your mind wander. Its too small to be alone

Aramis21
12-15-05, 11:24 AM
ok, listen real close

your nic does *NOT* have anything to do with your mac. you can take the same machine to your friend's house and use their modem and have the same mac as them. the mac is assigned to the modem on a broadband network (read whatis.com).

shutting your computer down will affect NOTHING unless you happen to do it while your lease is being renewed (know what DHCP is? check whatis.com again)

listen, these things are great forums for people to learn. but if you don't know what yr talking about, then don't run yr yap...it just hurts the people you talk at...monkey

Cant believe I got to post 12 before someone said this, and post 13 was the first to try the release/renew option......

doc_whazit
12-20-05, 01:13 AM
Hrm, If you have a dynamic ip, such as i do. Then the fix is easy i think, have never tried it myself but heard it works. If you have static, then yer stuck. On dynamic try this. Goto Start/run then type winipcfg and hit enter, make sure you are on your nic card not your modem in selections then hit release all and renew all. See if your ip is different. If no go on that then unplug your modem and let it reset, then plug it back in. Still got same ip, if you are skeered of someone hacking you, go get zonealarm its free and easy to use.

oh, your so smart, thanks for all your help, I dont know what I would have done without your step by step instructions and the accuracy of advise.
You must be a real pc tech, I can tell cause you used pc jargon like dynamic and static and my favorite one winipcfg. (-win9x? Do we still use that?) You must be miles ahead of the rest with your vast knowledge and advice, you really should start your own fourm.

Really, cause your so good, I wouldn't even bother waisting my time posting here if I was as smart as you. Now I'm off to d/l zonealarm (cause its free and easy to use) and Im skeered of someone hacking me!~

1m s0 1337 :cry:

Doc :irate: :thumb:

XamirX
08-15-07, 04:25 PM
ok, listen real close

i think you are a little bit wrong,
the MAC address is the Physical address of a network interface card,this address can not be changed not matter how . it's stock on the NIC,only changing the nic will change this address.

have a Nice day:)
Amir .

Wookie
08-15-07, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE= Originally Posted by athometechyoudumbmonkeys
ok, listen real close

listen, these things are great forums for people to learn. but if you don't know what yr talking about, then don't run yr yap...it just hurts the people you talk at...monkey.[/QUOTE]

Where do these guys come from?? It boggles the mind, how a person with obviously limited knowledge has the nerve to tell someone else who has a little less than him that he's a monkey. I don't like the fact that you have basically insulted people in an open forum when you obviously have a limited knowledge of computers yourself. I have some very shocking news for you, I have just finished a rough draft of TCP/IP Configurations for XP that addresses subjects such as manually changing the IP and manually configuring your Network Adapters by changing your MAC address. I find it in very poor taste that you have the audacity to call anyone a monkey.
I think you should adhere to your own advice since you are obviously....what is the politically correct term?? Oh yeah...Technologically Challenged. If you are wondering about my credentials by the way, I am Certified in Technical Help Desk (Microsoft). HiMuRo you can PM me and I will be happy to e-mail you a copy of the new tutorial. http://a284.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/m_fb0dc4b7682eaf7d544024167482fce3.gif Wookie

Wookie
08-15-07, 05:27 PM
= Originally Posted by athometechyoudumbmonkeys
ok, listen real close

listen, these things are great forums for people to learn. but if you don't know what yr talking about, then don't run yr yap...it just hurts the people you talk at...monkey.

Where do these guys come from?? It boggles the mind, how a person with obviously limited knowledge has the nerve to tell someone else who has a little less than him that he's a monkey. I don't like the fact that you have basically insulted people in an open forum when you obviously have a limited knowledge of computers yourself. I have some very shocking news for you, I have just finished a rough draft of TCP/IP Configurations for XP that addresses subjects such as manually changing the IP and manually configuring your Network Adapters by changing your MAC address. I find it in very poor taste that you have the audacity to call anyone a monkey.
I think you should adhere to your own advice since you are obviously....what is the politically correct term?? Oh yeah...Technologically Challenged. If you are wondering about my credentials by the way, I am Certified in Technical Help Desk (Microsoft). HiMuRo you can PM me and I will be happy to e-mail you a copy of the new tutorial. http://a284.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/m_fb0dc4b7682eaf7d544024167482fce3.gif Wookie

YeOldeStonecat
08-15-07, 05:38 PM
Anybody noticing the dates of this post? Especially the initial one? :wth:

Dave NYC
08-16-07, 06:56 PM
This works fine, it even makes people think you are from overseas based on the IP it shows/hides.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/IP-Tools/Hide-My-IP.shtml

Also, AOL uses a proxy. So, most of the time you will get a different IP when you use AOL 9.0 for example. If you use AOL, it will not show your IP if you have a cable hook up for example.

As you can see I am new to this board, in no way could I compete with most of the other members here. I just wanted to share what I use to hide/change my IP...in case one is banned from a site or you do not want people knowing your true IP.

Sava700
08-21-07, 09:10 AM
I suggest you to use Free High Anonymity Web Proxy :
Editted to remove Spammed link, possibly to a trojan. Kip.

Your IP will be changed instantly,no download needed!

your IP never really changes just remember that.. and if someone really wants to they can contact these proxies and find the logs to show who connected to use them.. i've seen it before.

JackOLantern
12-16-07, 07:31 PM
Yes, beware of "free" high anonymity proxies.. It is speculated that some are actually setup to monitor internet traffic.<br>&nbsp;<br>Most people considering using proxies will be better off using a private service to <a href="http://www.iprivacytools.com">change your ip address</a> such as iprivacytools.com .. Also, anyone using dialup can simply dialup through another access number.