PDA

View Full Version : ASUS bios chip configuration "TURBO MODE"?

Subsane
02-20-04, 04:15 AM
When I go into my bios and I go into "chip configuration" there are a couple fields I really really want to change but I want to be sure what it will do...

First one is System performance - I can choose

-Auto
-Optimal
-Turbo

Right now it is on Auto but I really want it on turbo. Will will it do and should I?

Nxt is a setting called "Memory turbo mode"

-enable
-disable

I want to enable it but not sure. My mobo is and ASAU P4PE-X (800 max FSB)
My specs are in my sig.

Thx for any response

Subsane
02-20-04, 01:34 PM
*BUMP*

Mytflyguy
02-20-04, 01:48 PM
( I am speaking from my experience with my ASUS A7N8X DLX , so if I'm wrong on this model board, someone please correct me )

Basically
Optimal = Safest, most reliable speed
Auto = Set to CPU Specs
Turbo = Higher performance and possibly less stability .... Ususally the Turbo allows you to manually configure the speeds

Memory Turbo , Would either be a speed rating ( Cas, Ras to Cas ... etc )

I belive Turbo would = lower latency ( high speeds )

Or turbo might open up the ability to manually tweak the memories speeds.....

I think in most standard scenerio's Turbo is perfectly safe or they wouldn't make it so easy to set it that way ... If you notice problems though , back it off to Optimal or Auto

TrevGlas
02-20-04, 02:15 PM
Turbo mode minimzes the latencies between the cpu, its cache, and the ram

Potential to affect stability but I've been on turbo since I got my asus board. No problemos. Even overclocked

Dunster
02-20-04, 04:05 PM
On the Asus you should be able to set it to Turbo no problem. If the system goes unstable, set back to Auto. The Turbo allows for enhanced system settings.

Also enable the memory turbo mode.

Subsane
02-21-04, 05:57 AM
Thanks

Jada
02-24-04, 10:58 PM
You might have to overclock 5% before it will allow you to run turbo mode.

TrevGlas
02-25-04, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Jada
You might have to overclock 5% before it will allow you to run turbo mode.

Nope

Brk
02-26-04, 03:59 AM
The Turbo function in the newer ASUS boards seems flaky to me. On the original P4C800 Deluxe, I could enable it with no issues, but when I upgraded to the P4C800-E Deluxe, I always get overclocking errors and no POST. Go figure.

gieslel
02-28-04, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Burke
The Turbo function in the newer ASUS boards seems flaky to me. On the original P4C800 Deluxe, I could enable it with no issues, but when I upgraded to the P4C800-E Deluxe, I always get overclocking errors and no POST. Go figure.

Same here...

TrevGlas
02-28-04, 05:13 PM
Works 100% for me

Oced as well