PDA

View Full Version : SB Audigy 2 Owners ... little help ?

Mytflyguy
02-18-04, 09:32 PM
Ok Got it all installed and tweaked ( for now , I'm such a perfectionsist I'll still be doing it for a couple weeks )

Can anyone tell me what these startup functions are and do I need them for everyday stuff ?

http://photos.imageevent.com/twellons/generalstuff//Startup.gif

I figured out a couple of them ... and want to keep the volume control think in startup ... But I don't need the other things do I ?

Evilone
02-18-04, 10:23 PM
i would just leave them all, thats what i got :nod:

Mytflyguy
02-18-04, 10:28 PM
No way man ... I keep my startup CLEAN to avoid uneeded processes and functions from running in the background ... If I need them I can start them manually without them running .... Unless they are functions that I will use everyday everytime I'm on the PC I have atleast 12+startup items unchecked and only about 5-6 checked ....

Brandon_k_W
02-19-04, 01:19 AM
THIS IS ALL I COULD FIND:

3cpipe-USRpdA - Modem driver files from US Robotics

logi_mwx - Background task which is part of Logitech’s MouseWare utilities and seen primarily after installing the software for Logitech’s cordless optical mice. This process, which is started on Windows boot-up, detects the exact Logitech mouse that you have, and then configures and launches EM_EXEC which provides support for all the non-standard mouse buttons (read EM_EXEC for more details).

Recommendation :
If you disable LOGI_MWX, your Logitech mouse will run using the Windows default drivers and will as a result function only as a 2-button mouse. In our experience most users seem to like the extra functionality provided by the use of the additional buttons, in which case do not disable this task. That said, it is known to interfere with some games – when that is the case simply "End Task" it for the duration of your game.

knightmare
02-19-04, 01:58 AM
i usually hit task manager, and shut down CT helper, i think it is a creative disk detector function

there used to be a cool utility you could get at http:www.majorgeeks.com
to edit your startup, and see what they were attributed to..

Mytflyguy
02-19-04, 05:31 AM
YEah all the items I already have checked are items I know what they are and want to keep them ....

the ones that are unchecked at all related to the SB stuff ...

Thanks for checking so far ... I just want to make sure that tht it's not the same thing as the logitech that if I disable one of them then it actually disables the drivers .....

System still sounds good at this point

Mytflyguy
02-19-04, 05:42 AM
I'm assuming the CTDVDDet detects DVD's in the drive ?

the SBDRVDET detects the drivers for online updating info ?

CTHELPER is well ... a helper ??

My main question is any of there particular items directly related to the drivers and will they function normally without these items turned on .... ?

Brk
02-20-04, 12:20 AM
You don't need that Creative volume control, either.

Subsane
02-20-04, 03:07 AM
The creative volume control is not needed but definately recommended....

Mytflyguy
02-20-04, 05:30 AM
Thanks Burke ... I thought about that , but I prefer the EQ, Volume adjusments on the fly .... ood to know the others aren't needed ... I think Out of the 25 items listed in my startup only 6 things are starting up .... The system is screaming right not ....