PDA

View Full Version : wireless keyboard/mouse

ctodd
02-16-04, 03:23 PM
What is a good one to buy? I want to get one with a optical mouse. has anyone tried this one

Logitech Cordless Access Duo

Brandon_k_W
02-16-04, 03:44 PM
If you can, get a mouse with its own charger, like the Logitech MX700.

Keyboards last a long time on a pair of batteries. Though, mice only last about 3-5 days on batteries (using NiMH), therefore, you have to keep switching batteries, and charging up the drained ones, unless you have the base charger.

Although, the Logitech Cordless Access Duo is much cheaper than the one I'm looking at (A $60 difference), and you may not be on your computer as much as me, so you wouldn't be using your mouse as often and not draining the batteries as much.

Here is the wireless keyboard/mouse combo I use: http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.asp?CID=2&SCID=14&MNO=KBS-2548RP

The receiver is also a charger, so no need to buy a separate charger. It also comes with a pair of NiMH batteries and regular batteries. And costs about the same. I bought mine from Newegg.

zooner
02-16-04, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Brandon_k_W
If you can, get a mouse with its own charger, like the Logitech MX700.

Keyboards last a long time on a pair of batteries. Though, mice only last about 3-5 days on batteries (using NiMH), therefore, you have to keep switching batteries, and charging up the drained ones, unless you have the base charger.

Although, the Logitech Cordless Access Duo is much cheaper than the one I'm looking at (A $60 difference), and you may not be on your computer as much as me, so you wouldn't be using your mouse as often and not draining the batteries as much.

Here is the wireless keyboard/mouse combo I use: http://www.a4tech.com/en/product2.asp?CID=2&SCID=14&MNO=KBS-2548RP

The receiver is also a charger, so no need to buy a separate charger. It also comes with a pair of NiMH batteries and regular batteries. And costs about the same. I bought mine from Newegg.

cordless mice last about 6-8 weeks

Brandon_k_W
02-16-04, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by zooner
cordless mice last about 6-8 weeks

My mouse only last about 4 days before I have to change the NiMH batteries. WTF lol. A guy I know also has a wireless mouse that lasts less than a week.

I do use my computer often though.

TrevGlas
02-16-04, 05:53 PM
My mouse lasts about 3 weeks... and I'm on the computer alot.

Brandon_k_W
02-16-04, 06:34 PM
My batteries must be dying or something, because they don't last that long in my digital camera either.

BaLa
02-17-04, 04:29 AM
if you have rechargeable batteries, you should never have to change time...

maybe after 2-3yrs lol..

now NiCad's on the other hand are a diff. story..