PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or...

Sid
02-07-04, 11:23 PM
WTF!!!! You all know me, I don't own the latest greatest hardware. anyways, I move my main system from the dually tyan board to the my other system(abit kd7a) and try to stick a philips seismic edge sound card in this thing(which worked perfectly) and it pukes all over itself in every single slot on the mobo.

Gawd damn it, I'm gonna buy another MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't hate windows!

Gonna send this mobo and sound card to LT for his special treatment

SLK
02-07-04, 11:32 PM
Philips Seismic edge hehe. My friend and I had the greatest time installing that on his Iwill board. Wouldn't work for s***!! Most likely its the sound card. Then you wonder why Philips isn't big in the PC market;)

Sid
02-07-04, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by SLK
Philips Seismic edge hehe. My friend and I had the greatest time installing that on his Iwill board. Wouldn't work for s***!! Most likely its the sound card. Then you wonder why Philips isn't big in the PC market;)

This card rocked hard on my other system. Great sound!

SLK
02-07-04, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Sid
This card rocked hard on my other system. Great sound!

Yes its not a bad card if it works on your system. But also The card had troubles running under XP too. I bet it would work under 2k. It may be an APIC problem too.

Sid
02-07-04, 11:38 PM
Mental note..... Never buy a mobo with onboard sound!

SLK
02-08-04, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Sid
Mental note..... Never buy a mobo with onboard sound!

heh, they pretty much ALL have onboard sound now ;) I guess its either soundstorm or nothing now.:)

Massa
02-08-04, 11:49 PM
soundstorm sounds better subjectively than an audigy 2 to me.