PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding my AMD

Cypher
02-04-04, 04:34 PM
I just ordered an Asus A7N8X-X for my 2500. It's been off line for far too long now. It'll be used by my Wife and Son mostly. I'll throw Office and Money on that one since my main rig is for gaming. I also picked up a couple Lite-on CD Rom's and RW's as well. That chip was running 2.3 easy before the PSU went and took the MB with it.:D
Chalk up another folder for me.:D :D :cool:

PS
Hey Chuck,
How's that new blow dryer?
;)

extreme
02-04-04, 04:57 PM
Nice!

Finally nice to see that righ getting back in action:D

Cypher
02-04-04, 05:17 PM
Yeah it is.:D I was looking at it yesterday all lonely and cold...Not folding.:( Kinda made me feel bad. So I bypassed the Wife and just got it. She'll be cool with it because she gets my old speakers and a burner.;)

SLK
02-04-04, 05:55 PM
Whos Chuck?

axtrader
02-04-04, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by cyPHer_138
So I bypassed the Wife and just got it.

Uh oh. Here's my prediction.....

Mrs. cyPHer ---> :irate: :cry: <--- cyPHer

cnble80
02-04-04, 08:39 PM
Im Chuck...and the blow dryer is running just fine Ron.

Cypher
02-04-04, 09:29 PM
Glad it's working out for you man.:cool: You should try Omega's drivers. The IQ is much nicer:

http://www.driverheaven.net/downloads/index4.htm

Just grab Driver cleaner and follow the instructions in the readme:rtfm:

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Now go get Half Life!!!
:D
Mrs Cypher is actually really happy about it. I don't really share my main rig too nicely with her.;) That ended when I came home to find Kazza media desktop installed one day.:eek: Besides she's still afraid it'll spring a leak when she's on it. She's not a big fan of water cooling.:nope:
:cool: :D

Cypher
02-06-04, 06:37 PM
Well I put the MB in and it's still no go.:( I noticed that when I pluged it in the outlet sparked.:eek: So I say screw it I'm building another Intel than. I'll grab another 2.8C and a P4P800.;)

axtrader
02-06-04, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by cyPHer_138
Well I put the MB in and it's still no go.:( I noticed that when I pluged it in the outlet sparked.:eek: So I say screw it I'm building another Intel than. I'll grab another 2.8C and a P4P800.;) Better run it by the Marquis de Heather first, just to be on the safe side. :nod:

Cypher
02-06-04, 06:49 PM
I tried her approach and told her what I'm doing. It works pretty well too.;) It'll happen within the next few weeks.