PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with trying to hook up my new system

wily5150
02-04-04, 04:24 AM
I'm in the process of trying to build my first system, it's not working real well yet. I have an Asus P4C 800E-Deluxe mobo, with a P4 2.6, everything is in a xs alien full tower with a 500 watt psu. The asus manual is not real explanatory, and there is no manual with the tower. I have the four pin and the 20 pin wires from the psu hooked up, and a few others, and I have power to the mobo (the green light in the lower right corner comes on), but the psu itself does not work. Plus all the wires from the front panel I have no idea where they go. There are no instructions at all. I bought the tower from xpcgear I emailed them asking where they all go, they replied saying consult your mobo manual. I don't know. If anyone has any imput on this (I really need help) please get back to me. Thanks

Addict
02-04-04, 07:12 AM
Well every motherboard is different as far as the front panel hookup. Check ASUS's site for help. They are pretty good about having the manuals & such available.

The PSU will not turn on if you don't have the power switch plugged in right. You can still get a green light (just means the board has power) though.

Chris
02-04-04, 07:35 AM
You have to get the power switch wires from the front panel hooked up in order to turn it on, sounds like the power supply is working if the board has power. The wires from the front panel should be labled on the black connector on the end of them. Then you ned to find in the manual the ront panel hook up schematic, that part of the manual is normally quite explanitory.

wily5150
02-04-04, 09:01 AM
I've checked on asus's site. I downloaded the manual and that's all they have.

Chris
02-04-04, 09:37 AM
http://www.u22.com/hardarch/sys_box/momboard/boxes/mbatwire/mbatmisp.HTM

wily5150
02-04-04, 02:10 PM
There is no manual with the tower. I've already emailed the company that I bought it from

Norm
02-04-04, 04:16 PM
Get a magnifying glass and check the jumpers on the mobo (front panel connections) for labels as well as the connectors. Sometimes hard to read with the naked eye.

The power jumpers usually say power, or pwr (something like that)
You can also use a screw driver to jump them and start the PC boot process.

Addict
02-04-04, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by wily5150
There is no manual with the tower. I've already emailed the company that I bought it from

Do the cables coming from the front panel have any writing on them?

wily5150
02-05-04, 03:40 AM
I found out what the problem was. I was just sitting here looking at it and thinking about how it worked. The motherboard sends power to the psu. So I concentrated on the front panel wiring. I had the power button wired wrong. I have power to the psu now. thanks guys for your help