PDA

View Full Version : Nic

deleted_acct
01-26-04, 01:39 PM
Not sure if this is where i should have posted this but,I have a p4 2.8C,512mb Stick of ram,and a abit is7 sitting around, so i took the psu, cd roms,hard drive, graphics card and nic out of this box and put them in the p4 box,it wouldnt boot into windows because it said unaccesible boot device or something like that.I didnt want to format, so i put the parts back in this pc,when i booted up it said new hardware detected,it was my nic card but it had been in here earlier its the same one,Well i went ahead and installed the drivers for it anyways, rebooted,and when it came back up it showed 1 nic under hardware but i went under network settings and the only one there was one called Local Area Connection 3, but its suppose to just be Local Area Connection, It had made another connection for the nic,Then when i went to set the network settings for it and clicked ok it said,This ip has been set to another network adapter already "Farallon netline 10/100 PCI PN993","Farallon netline 10/100 PCI PN993"Is hidden from the network and dial up connections folder because it is not physically in the computer or is a legacy adapter that is not working.