View Full Version : ATI AIW 9800Pro Review

Brent
01-26-04, 02:34 AM
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc2

zooner
01-26-04, 04:19 AM
plethora

I like that word too.

Good review and right on with the facts. It really gives you a whole picture about everything concerning the aiw 9800pro.

loop2kil
01-26-04, 10:02 AM
I wish they would make the newer AIW's with a better tv tuner...125 channels just dont cut it for most people...would be nice to see digital cable and satellite dish recievers supported.

BTW, nice review Brent

zooner
01-26-04, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by loop2kil
I wish they would make the newer AIW's with a better tv tuner...125 channels just dont cut it for most people...would be nice to see digital cable and satellite dish recievers supported.

BTW, nice review Brent

they cant be supported because of the technology involved in interpreting the signal. I've been kicking around buying a third tivo, just for my aiw because of that reason.

Brent
01-26-04, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by zooner
I like that word too.

Good review and right on with the facts. It really gives you a whole picture about everything concerning the aiw 9800pro.

thanks, yeah thats a neat word :D

Brent
01-26-04, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by loop2kil

BTW, nice review Brent

maybe in future versions more channels will be supported, rest assured this isn't their last AIW card

with every new generation of video cards comes a new AIW version

but as long as it uses the Theater 200 chip it will only have 125 channel support

to have more they would have to use a newer chip, and right now there is no newer chip