http://www.omegacorner.com/index_ati.html
Chaos has a good mirror for them there.
:D

YeOldeStonecat
01-25-04, 07:58 AM
Sweet!

Bandit159
01-25-04, 10:57 AM
hey,thx for the heads up.strange thing though,i got intercepted or somtin goin there and several virus were thrown at me?:rolleyes:edit:heres what came at me,maybe coincidence and i dont wanna crap this thread,sorryhttp://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.downloader.inor.html

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 12:53 PM
Cypher how are they compared to the 3.10 omegas?

Worth changing?

Cypher
01-25-04, 02:29 PM
They seem more stable.

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 03:04 PM
I've never had stability issues, what about framerates?

Cypher
01-25-04, 03:23 PM
I go for IQ more so than fps myself. They seem good to me. In addition to Omega's tweaks I also enable SSE/SSE2, tclDlistInLocal, and set High subpixel precision to 4. Than Accelerate alpha blending, block writes and stretch Bits for 2D apps. I use Rage3D Tweak to do this. I like how it's OC tool applies the settings when you run 3D apps. Brent told me about that one that one.;):D

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 03:38 PM
Anyway to do these through the registry? Rage3d tweak has too much memory resident stuff.

IE GameUtil, etc etc.

Cypher
01-25-04, 04:08 PM
Yeah I'm not sure how to though. All together R3D is using 7MB. Heavier than I'd like but not too bad. You could always set the tweaks you want than uninstall it. Than use RadLinker for your OC. Hmm I might do that too now that I think about it.:D

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 04:10 PM
Hmm I'm gonna see if I can find a non memory-resident tweaker.

Maybe riva-tuner

Cypher
01-25-04, 04:20 PM
Nah this works perfect. Use Rage3D for the tweaks you want than just uninstall it when you're done. Afterwards use RadLinker (non memory resident) to OC.
:D :D :cool:

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 04:26 PM
I found one (Radeon Tweaker) that isnt memory resident.

The name is just Radeon Tweaker

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 04:26 PM
Question though - in the readme the omega's author says to dont tweak the driver anymore because it might override his settings?

Cypher
01-25-04, 04:34 PM
The Omegas are pre tweaked. I don't change those settings though. I just add what works for me in addition to it. SSE/SSE2 is a good example. I think it's left out for compatiability reasons for those without that instruction set. tclDlistInLocal is another one. It only helps if you have a good amount of on board RAM. I know there's a reg entry to enable that stuff I just don't know what they are.:D

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 04:35 PM
Another question (not related to the omega drivers)

Ive had this problem for a while.

When I'm in DC, my textures do some weird stuff. Not artifacts.

Like here is a makeshift example

One part of the texture will like have to catch up with the other half of the texture map. Hard to explain

| (this would be to the right)
|
|
~~~~~~~~
|
|
|

Then the other part like "catches up" it is not a huge problem, it does this on a very small scale. I'm just wondering what the hell this is. I also notice like a squiggly line in between the two texture lines.

What could this be

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 04:37 PM
God that is the worst explanation I've ever done. Sorry its really hard to explain.
Part of the texture "flips" like if I was at a very low refresh rate.

Set
01-25-04, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by TrevGlas
Another question (not related to the omega drivers)

Ive had this problem for a while.

When I'm in DC, my textures do some weird stuff. Not artifacts.

Like here is a makeshift example

One part of the texture will like have to catch up with the other half of the texture map. Hard to explain

| (this would be to the right)
|
|
~~~~~~~~
|
|
|

Then the other part like "catches up" it is not a huge problem, it does this on a very small scale. I'm just wondering what the hell this is. I also notice like a squiggly line in between the two texture lines.

What could this be

I get that to mostly on Buildings Really noticeable Flying

I aways Figured thats how it was being rendered

Omega 4.1s installed Now to go test em out in the Sg server ;)

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 04:57 PM
Oh you get that too... yea its mostly on buildings.

Thanks

Cypher
01-25-04, 05:17 PM
Could be a driver issue or maybe it's tearing. I was getting this thing where it looked like water passed over my monitor now and than. Could'nt figure it out. Long story short it was basicly static from leaving it on all the time. There's ton's of static in this place.:(

TrevGlas
01-25-04, 05:41 PM
Yea thats what I get it looks like water or something... thanks.

A_old
01-25-04, 10:02 PM
it's called tearing. turn on verticle sync :)

Cypher
01-25-04, 11:09 PM
Trev,
I posted about Rage3D tweak at their site and they said Omega's already have those tweaks applied. No need to use that util than.:D

Cypher
01-26-04, 01:16 PM
I posted this question at DH too if it's helpful.
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?threadid=36314

TrevGlas
01-26-04, 01:35 PM
Thx for the inf. Appreciated.

Cypher
01-26-04, 02:00 PM
Anytime man. Hell I'm just as curious.:D