PDA

View Full Version : problem with pc to tv display using s-video

ihateuserid2
01-24-04, 01:32 AM
I am having a problem with using my laptop to playback .avi file into a V via s-video output from my laptop. I am running Windows Media from may laptop. The problem is the there is no image shown on the windows media window on the TV, while the video played just fine on the laptop. Everything else, such as my desktop, icons, and other windows shows up just fine on the TV, except for the movie in windows media ? What is the problem here ? Do I need some kind of decoder on the TV too. These are just home made avi files recorded using my canon s400 digital camera. ANy help is appreciated....

ghost
01-24-04, 05:47 PM
Doesn't your camera have an A/V cable for direct-to-TV connection? If so, just use your camera as the playback device.

Not sure why it's not working from your PC, never connected mine to a TV before.

loop2kil
01-25-04, 12:09 AM
could it be the resolution that is getting output to the tv?

ihateuserid2
01-26-04, 04:01 PM
I know I can, and I have tried played back from the camera itself. But I hav e downloaded some clips into my PC and have deleted the file from the memory card. As far as I know one cannot copy files back from a PC into a memory card. So I am stuck playing it on the PC.