PDA

View Full Version : HP 940c

joey
01-22-04, 06:24 AM
the 3rd. light - ink - is blinking , when i open the cover the head moves to the pont it show the -black sad face - does it mean that the black cartride is bad?
it is new hp 51645a cartridge (bought it 6 months ago keept in it's original package)
it is expansive and dont want to buy spend the money for printer that doesnt work. thank you for your help

shadrach
01-22-04, 07:46 AM
Bad or empty. Check HP.com for and troubleshooting assistance, it's a pretty good resource for their printers.

Daves World
01-22-04, 02:50 PM
sounds like a bad cartridge, I would 1st clean the contacts on both cartridges and the little metal contacts pins on the carriage unit, then try a known good cartridge... Good luck........

brembo
01-22-04, 05:11 PM
Ugh, I hate that model printer. The software is WAY to sensitive, the one I use for documents at the office is always screaming about an ink issue. Hell, I've had it print over 800 pages with the monitor saying it was outta ink.

ghost
01-22-04, 06:03 PM
Just FYI, HP overfills their ink cartridges so that the stated volume is the usuable volume. Not sure if you guys knew that.

I doubt that the ink has evaproated, could just be a bad cartridge.

HP makes good printers.

CableDude
01-22-04, 06:06 PM
It really has a sad face?