PDA

View Full Version : some mobo questions

pimptrizkit
11-27-03, 01:27 AM
alright i have been lookin into the abit nf7 version 2

i wouldn't mind the nf7-s but right now the extra goodies i dont need.

i want your imput weather this is a good board or not and if their are any other better boards i can get

i am going to get a barton 2500 with a fsb of 333

i am gettin 2 sticks of pc3500 each of 256mb of at least cas 2.5

i am going to get a valconoe 12+ maybe a thermal right one not postive yet depends on spair cash

my brother said the nvidia chipset will clash with my ati video card.
i dont kno how true this is but it as of now it;'s not affecting what i want..

i want a good board to over clock easy to set up and excepts alot of different things and will be a board i can easly keep around and upgreade
thats all i can post right now i will post some of the things i have found in a few mins when im back on my computer.

pimptrizkit
11-27-03, 03:40 AM
i have found a couple gigabyte mother boards.

GA-7N400-L1 and the GA-7N400-L i think this is just a older version of the GA-7N400-L1

aswell as the GA-7N400 Pro

a chaintech 7NJL1 APOGEE

i am lookin for the most o ver clockable board that is stable at the highest settins alont with cost effective for me. and is going to be worth my while.

these are all the nforce2 boards but your opinions are welcome

if i get no reply or find nothin that sparks my interest more then the abit nf7 im just gona get thatl. maybe a gigabyte board.. seems to be packed with features.
but i cant spend more then 90 bucks. on the main board.

YARDofSTUF
11-27-03, 06:01 AM
The NF7 is a good board, for OCing I would say its better then the others listed.

YARDofSTUF
11-27-03, 07:31 AM
Its on sale at new egg now too. 89.99, free Fedex saver shipping.

pimptrizkit
11-27-03, 03:41 PM
ive found it at excaliber for 77 b4 shippin and like 82 after

http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=867

have they dealt with the capasitor issue?

how about the bios flashing problem? (this site i listed does a free biops update to the newest verison)

i plan to get the barton 2500 w/fsb of 333

hopefully their is a sale soon..

YARDofSTUF
11-27-03, 03:45 PM
Bios flashing problem?

I am pretty sure the capacitor issue is fixed, SLK/ROB P agrees.

I have no hard proof other than my OCed and very hot temp IC7 is running flawlessly.

EDIT: My Abit AT7 MAX2 Also runs fine.

pimptrizkit
11-27-03, 03:51 PM
alright thank you;.
i had just heard that the bios willl do a "data loss" or some thing like that with the nforce2 chipset ont he abit boards.

how about a good place /good company that i can get pc3200 dual channel 256x2 so i can get the dual channel 400fsb going.

YARDofSTUF
11-27-03, 03:52 PM
look around for Geil Golden Dragon ram, good timings and a good price.

mccoffee
11-27-03, 04:01 PM
Try www.pricewatch.com for the ram it gives vendors all over the usa

pimptrizkit
11-27-03, 04:05 PM
i found the nf7-s on newegg for 10 bucks more then the nf7 v2 and i was wondering how would i find out if that board was a version 2 or not?

is their a number i can call?

YARDofSTUF
11-27-03, 05:15 PM
Check their contact page.

pimptrizkit
11-27-03, 11:25 PM
well i ordered it any ways i figured if it came to me with revision 2.0 it would be a bonus

well i got the confrimation e-mail and this is what it said for the description.

Item List
MB nForce2|5P1A4D NF7-S V2 ABIT ATX (Qty=1,Price=89.99)

i am guesin that the v2 in their is version 2 so im havin a good night :p

if any body else has boughten this board from newegg can you take a look at your confrimation e-mail and tell me weather you got a version 2 or not and if i am even barkin up the right tree?

any ways' thanks alot

gona order my cpu with in a couple days.

now i just have to decide what hsf i will get.. i plan to go to water cooling in a year or so. probaly b4 next x-mass tho.
and i need a fan that will work great and im not worried about it being noisie. i can live with noise since my computer is off if im not using it and i always listen to music with head phones.

Brk
11-28-03, 01:13 AM
Your sig is WAY too long.

pimptrizkit
11-28-03, 04:43 AM
lol hadn't thought about that..
i'll fix it

extreme
11-28-03, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by pimptrizkit
well i ordered it any ways i figured if it came to me with revision 2.0 it would be a bonus

well i got the confrimation e-mail and this is what it said for the description.

Item List
MB nForce2|5P1A4D NF7-S V2 ABIT ATX (Qty=1,Price=89.99)

i am guesin that the v2 in their is version 2 so im havin a good night :p

if any body else has boughten this board from newegg can you take a look at your confrimation e-mail and tell me weather you got a version 2 or not and if i am even barkin up the right tree?

any ways' thanks alot

gona order my cpu with in a couple days.

now i just have to decide what hsf i will get.. i plan to go to water cooling in a year or so. probaly b4 next x-mass tho.
and i need a fan that will work great and im not worried about it being noisie. i can live with noise since my computer is off if im not using it and i always listen to music with head phones.

When i orderd my nfs-7 it was version 2 from newegg. When downside for the board is it seems not to like the multipliers of 10, 10.5. Other people have this problem on the Abit forums. Check it out.

TrevGlas
11-28-03, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by pimptrizkit
alright i have been lookin into the abit nf7 version 2

i wouldn't mind the nf7-s but right now the extra goodies i dont need.

i want your imput weather this is a good board or not and if their are any other better boards i can get

i am going to get a barton 2500 with a fsb of 333

i am gettin 2 sticks of pc3500 each of 256mb of at least cas 2.5

i am going to get a valconoe 12+ maybe a thermal right one not postive yet depends on spair cash

my brother said the nvidia chipset will clash with my ati video card.
i dont kno how true this is but it as of now it;'s not affecting what i want..

i want a good board to over clock easy to set up and excepts alot of different things and will be a board i can easly keep around and upgreade
thats all i can post right now i will post some of the things i have found in a few mins when im back on my computer.

Nforce drivers crashing ATI ? Why would it? IF an Nforce mobo couldn't use an ATI card, alot of enthusiasts wouldn't even touch it. Doesn't make sense.