PDA

View Full Version : Video card help

Roody
11-24-03, 07:47 PM
I need some video card suggestions. I have an older PC I gave to my parents that now appears it needs a new video card. I was looking for another Voodoo2 card that you can sometimes find online, but I cant find them anymore. I am listing the computer specs below. If anyone knows of a decent, cheap alternative it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Pentium 2
400 MHZ
256MB RAM

A_old
11-24-03, 07:53 PM
I have a monster 3d II 12MB (voodoo 2) w/ the sli cable and the vga passthrough cable..just pm me what u can / want to give for it including shipping and it's yours..u'll have to download the drivers tho bro..and don't forget it's 3d only..u have to have a 2d vid card in there

Originally posted by Roody
I need some video card suggestions. I have an older PC I gave to my parents that now appears it needs a new video card. I was looking for another Voodoo2 card that you can sometimes find online, but I cant find them anymore. I am listing the computer specs below. If anyone knows of a decent, cheap alternative it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Pentium 2
400 MHZ
256MB RAM

Roody
11-24-03, 08:10 PM
I appreciate the offer man, but I cant even find a place on the 'Net where I can even download those drivers. Now if you know where I can get them then Im definitely interested. :)

A_old
11-24-03, 08:25 PM
http://www.voodoofiles.com/3dfxhelp.asp

Brent
11-24-03, 08:48 PM

Thx

Pentium 2
400 MHZ
256MB RAM

why would you want a Voodoo2 on it, are they gonna play games on it?

you do realize a v2 only does 3d, you still need a 2d card

if your mobo has agp or pci just pick up any ole ATI card or something

i don't know what your budget is

A_old
11-24-03, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Brent

yup i think i posted the 3d only part above ;) and true a radeon 7500 would be MUCH better

Joel
11-24-03, 09:07 PM
Linkage (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=596020&Sku=V261-3012%20W&CatId=319).

That comes to $30 after the rebate, which ends at the end of this year.

I was going to pick on up for a second monitor, since I only have one AGP slot. I figured that old computer doesn't have a AGP slot, so this one is PCI.

If anyone else is looking for a reasonable second monitor video card, that one might work.

:p

A_old
11-24-03, 09:10 PM
i'd try newegg b4 tiger tho..

Joel
11-24-03, 09:16 PM
Only is tiger didn't have a $30 rebate. That's half off.

Roody
11-24-03, 09:44 PM

Very true, mainly I am just wanting it for a clearer picture. The 2D card in place doesnt look nearly as good or bring out as many colors.

Im looking for something cheap around $30 or less.

Thanks for the link Sludge and Amro. :thumb:

Brent
11-24-03, 10:14 PM
Very true, mainly I am just wanting it for a clearer picture. The 2D card in place doesnt look nearly as good or bring out as many colors.

Im looking for something cheap around $30 or less.

Thanks for the link Sludge and Amro. :thumb:

the V2 doesn't do 2D though....

so just replace whatever is in there with a cheap ATI or Matrox card if you want good 2D

A_old
11-24-03, 10:17 PM

so just replace whatever is in there with a cheap ATI or Matrox card if you want good 2D :nod:

Roody
11-24-03, 11:21 PM

so just replace whatever is in there with a cheap ATI or Matrox card if you want good 2D

Okee dokee thanks :)

zooner
11-25-03, 12:22 AM
do yourself a favor and avoid tigerdirect. Pay a little bit extra and order from a reputible dealer, you'll be avoiding a potental nightmware.

§I€MFKR™
11-25-03, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by zooner
do yourself a favor and avoid tigerdirect. Pay a little bit extra and order from a reputible dealer, you'll be avoiding a potental nightmware.

:nod: Tiger Direct sells it's customer's personal infomation, Thats why they can sell so cheap. You will be sh*t hammered with every type of spam you can think of.:)

Joel
11-25-03, 12:57 AM
You sure?

Been shopping with them for years and I haven't had much spam at all...

Maybe they just don't like you.

I believe them to be reputible, quite reputible actually. No problems with them at all, ordered all my stuff through them.

Well, to each his own!

A_old
11-25-03, 10:21 AM
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1983.html

it isn't just him..like i said, newegg/directron/zipzoomfly all the way..monarch is ok..a few others i trust..mainly newegg/zipzoomfly tho

Joel
11-25-03, 11:21 AM
I see your point, but I must still say "To each his own".

YARDofSTUF
11-25-03, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by sludge

Good luck to you :)

§I€MFKR™
11-25-03, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by sludge

Just make sure you read the fine print when it says "Refurbished":)

Joel
11-25-03, 11:53 AM
lol, yeah.

They have alot of that stuff...