PDA

View Full Version : P4C800-E or IC7 Max-3

A_old
11-23-03, 01:35 PM
I just want your opinions..have read plenty of reviews on both.

Let me know if you have one or the other, as your opinions will count the most to me.

Amro

YARDofSTUF
11-23-03, 01:43 PM
I have an IC7, not the MAX3 and love it.

Its got all the Important BIOS options I want.

IMO, Abit has the best BIOS of any board. Asus's just doesn't have that same feel. After playing around with my gigabyte board, then shuttle, then asus, asus, asus, going back to abit felt like a "welcome home!"

Currently have:

2 Asus
2 Abit
1 Tyan
1 Gigabyte
1 Shuttle

All are good boards but the 2 Abits are the only ones that have ALL the features I want.

Wish I had the cash for the MAX3, thats the #2 board for a P4 to me. Number one is that Gigabyte SCSI one ParadoxDeity is getting.

TrevGlas
11-23-03, 02:38 PM
I've read all over the web that A-bits have a leaking capacitor problem. Other than that I heard they are great.

YARDofSTUF
11-23-03, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by TrevGlas
I've read all over the web that A-bits have a leaking capacitor problem. Other than that I heard they are great.

I assumed that was fixed by now. I think lots of mobos used teh capacitors that leaked, not sure though.

Brk
11-23-03, 03:27 PM
P4C800-E.

A_old
11-23-03, 06:46 PM
why the asus everyone? that's what everyone said when i asked on nf7 vs a7n8x..and i don't like my a7n8x much at all..it won't hold 200 fsb no matter what voltage or multi or timing...shrug

extreme
11-23-03, 07:18 PM
ic7 max 3 now that the new boards have the Vdimm problem fixed.

IMFKR
11-23-03, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Amro
why the asus everyone? that's what everyone said when i asked on nf7 vs a7n8x..and i don't like my a7n8x much at all..it won't hold 200 fsb no matter what voltage or multi or timing...shrug

You only gave two options. Gigabyte makes some bad ass P4 boards. All the goodies in the Bios along with DPS 2, 6 DIMM slots for 4 GB of ram, and Dual Bios. I have had many boards and out of the 2 you optioned i would go with a Abit. But any P4 i own will be in a GB.:)

YeOldeStonecat
11-23-03, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TrevGlas

Don't even get me started. Oh boy, a dime for every Abit board I'd sent back or replaced from that...man.

My vote without reserve...the P4800.

A_old
11-23-03, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by PradxDit
You only gave two options. Gigabyte makes some bad ass P4 boards. All the goodies in the Bios along with DPS 2, 6 DIMM slots for 4 GB of ram, and Dual Bios. I have had many boards and out of the 2 you optioned i would go with a Abit. But any P4 i own will be in a GB.:)

i don't like the gigabyte. it's too colorful..it has to look good too.. shrug. and my friend has it..it's nice..just not my cup of tea.

IMFKR
11-24-03, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Amro
i don't like the gigabyte. it's too colorful..it has to look good too.. shrug. and my friend has it..it's nice..just not my cup of tea.

Should have just asked what the prettiest board is then.:)

A_old
11-24-03, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by PradxDit
Should have just asked what the prettiest board is then.:)

lol, i know i'm picky as hell hehehe..it's a sweet board tho..has every feature u could imagine on it :)

SLK
11-27-03, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
I assumed that was fixed by now. I think lots of mobos used teh capacitors that leaked, not sure though.

That is true. MSI at one time for their K7T Pro series had leaky caps and voltage regulator problems and it is resolved by now. Im sure Abit has taken the same road.