PDA

View Full Version : Intel Pentium 4 Processor Extreme Edition In Stock?

§I€MFKR™
11-22-03, 04:06 PM
I have scoured the net and can't find anywhere that has these in stock. Anybody have a idea where i can get one? The only thing i can find is prebuilt systems with the chip.

Thanks.:)

Cypher
11-22-03, 06:08 PM
Zipzoomfly has them.

Brent
11-22-03, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by cyPHer_138
Zipzoomfly has them.

did have them, out of stock now

and they are like $1100

§I€MFKR™
11-22-03, 07:09 PM
Yeah they were out of stock the same day they arrived. Thats the only place i can find that has had the chip for individual sale.

ScrewU2
11-22-03, 09:16 PM
Is any processor for a home computer really worth that much?

§I€MFKR™
11-22-03, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ScrewU2

Is to me, I want to see what it can do.

ScrewU2
11-22-03, 09:22 PM
Ok you must be rich wish I had your money.

Brk
11-22-03, 10:03 PM
Ok you must be rich wish I had your money.

Don't associate being able to buy something so expensive with being "rich." Anyone could save up the money...just add up all the cash you spend for fast food, hapless girls, etc. and you'd be surprised how quickly you could gather the funds.

Cypher
11-22-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Burke
Don't associate being able to buy something so expensive with being "rich." Anyone could save up the money...just add up all the cash you spend for fast food, hapless girls, etc. and you'd be surprised how quickly you could gather the funds.
:nod:

lonewolfz28
11-22-03, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Burke

In other words- shut out the outside world and immerse yourself in geekdom and the latest technology will come.;) :p

Too rich for my blood/lifestyle.:rolleyes:

Brk
11-22-03, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by lonewolfz28
In other words- shut out the outside world and immerse yourself in geekdom and the latest technology will come.;) :p

Too rich for my blood/lifestyle.:rolleyes:

The point is, you can save up money by cutting out extraneous things in your life, thereby eliminating the need to "wish" you had someone else's money.

§I€MFKR™
11-22-03, 11:18 PM
You could put a 100. away for 3 months and own one. You can have anything you want if you save.:)

nepenthe
11-22-03, 11:21 PM

The prices for gear has come down drastically. It used to be the standard that THE cutting edge processor would cost over a thousand.

Reminiscing, I would love to have some of the money back that I threw into this obsession.

Brk
11-22-03, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by nepenthe
The prices for gear has come down drastically. It used to be the standard that THE cutting edge processor would cost over a thousand.

Reminiscing, I would love to have some of the money back that I threw into this obsession.

Luckily, I've scaled WAY back...I used to tear through stuff, but now I've learned to be satisfied with what I have in terms of rig components.

Cypher
11-23-03, 10:11 AM
Exactly. I'm at a point with mine where I'm able to just enjoy it. I don't feel a need to chase after a chip with a certain stepping that yields a slightly higher OX. Rig 2 is still off line until I get a new MB. A few months ago I would have had one the next day. I saved for hardware for quite some time. Now I'm saving for other things and happy with what I have.:D

YARDofSTUF
11-23-03, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by cyPHer_138
Exactly. I'm at a point with mine where I'm able to just enjoy it. I don't feel a need to chase after a chip with a certain stepping that yields a slightly higher OX. Rig 2 is still off line until I get a new MB. A few months ago I would have had one the next day. I saved for hardware for quite some time. Now I'm saving for other things and happy with what I have.:D

What kinda mobo does rig 2 need?

Cypher
11-23-03, 12:58 PM
I'm hoping it's just the MB :crosses fingers: A7N8X DLX. I'll buy it local after the holidays so I can return it if the PSU fried everything.

Kyle
11-23-03, 10:15 PM
All i'm seeing new here is 2MB L3 cache.... not worth an extra... *checks current P4 3.2 price* $700 bucks... It's not even 64bit!!!

Am i missing something huge here or what? :confused:

Kyler1

§I€MFKR™
11-23-03, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Kyler1
All i'm seeing new here is 2MB L3 cache.... not worth an extra... *checks current P4 3.2 price* $700 bucks... It's not even 64bit!!!

Am i missing something huge here or what? :confused:

Kyler1

64 Bit means nothing, there isn't even apps for 64 bit it has to be emulated. That 2MB L3 Cache does make a difference, probally not what worth the price jump but a Vette isn't worth 60k either.:)

Cypher
11-23-03, 10:51 PM
Yeah I won't be saving for one of these.;)

Kyle
11-23-03, 11:07 PM
Anyone know if the next Flindow..... i mean Windows is gonna be 64bit/dual processor useful?

Kyler1

§I€MFKR™
11-23-03, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Kyler1
Anyone know if the next Flindow..... i mean Windows is gonna be 64bit/dual processor useful?

Kyler1

No it won't be, Even if the OS is 64Bit the apps have to be too. I can't see 64Bit taking over anything outside the Enterprise world in years to come. Longhorn will change alot of things though, as in sys resources used by the OS and File System.