PDA

View Full Version : Dell has some good server support

Ghosthunter
11-18-03, 02:50 PM
They actually called me for a server that was purchased a year ago and even though we are having no issues they insisted they need to come out here and replace the motherboard because it was recalled for that particular lot and said they were being proactive.

Pretty impressive if I might say so.

YeOldeStonecat
11-18-03, 03:20 PM
Hmpff..I just spent 45 minutes with someone I could barely understand regarding an onboard soundcard failure on an Optiplex 260.

Wants to wait one more day, even though I already pre-empted all the generic steps they take myself...he thought for some reason talking to him on the phone would make any difference..and wants to wait one more day before sending out another motherboard.

Oh well, all billable time for me anyways.

But yeah, in your case..honoring a recall I guess is good.

chimdogger
11-18-03, 04:42 PM
I talk to Dell Tech Support prolly once a week for customer pc's. There is a 50/50 chance that I will be able to understand the support tech.

Chim

twwabw
11-18-03, 06:48 PM
They actually called me for a server that was purchased a year ago and even though we are having no issues they insisted they need to come out here and replace the motherboard because it was recalled for that particular lot and said they were being proactive.

Lemme guess... was it a 2600? Did it have onaboard raid? Dell had HUGE issues with the 2600 mobos last fall. Part of that whole failing transistor scandal thing. I heard they were replacing all mobos on that series no matter what.

Hmpff..I just spent 45 minutes with someone I could barely understand regarding an onboard soundcard failure on an Optiplex 260.

Jee-zus.... is that annoying or what? I have been a staunch Dell supporter for almost a decade..... but this India support has me over the edge. I'm done with it. They pulled this garbage with offshore support in the home division for the past year, but now have migrated all first line business division support there too. I'm sick of it!!

These #*^&*%$%$# idiots have no clue... they are obviously readin off a list.... and cannot speak enough English to even understand their ignorant rantings. Bah!!! Go back to garlic farming or whatever the hell it was you did before you took this 35 dollar/day job. You have no clue what you're doing.

Dell...... shame on you! It would be one thing if you stole jobs t=from American workers and gave them to someone who had a clue, but these people do not!! They are bots!!

Ghosthunter
11-19-03, 01:47 PM
No it was a 1650...we only have about 10 of those

but we have about 40 or so 2650 never had a real major hardware issue except for a hard drive and here and there

P.S. We might get better support because well we are a large business, spent over a million dollars or more last year purchasing hardware from Dell and have gold support on all of our servers

m4a2t0t
11-21-03, 01:05 AM
I heard that you dont get redirected to india if you are a business customer..too many complaints.