PDA

View Full Version : Got A Big Problem!

phigity
11-16-03, 10:27 AM
ok here's what i need to do. i'm locked out of winxp right now. i've got some things on my c: drive that i want to copy over to my d: drive but i can't get into windows. can anyone help me out? i need a way to copy the files to the other hard drive and then partition, format, and reinstall windows on the c: drive. if you have any suggestions please post. thanks!

IMFKR
11-16-03, 10:28 AM
Why can't you get into XP? What is the problem?

phigity
11-16-03, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by PradxDit
Why can't you get into XP? What is the problem?

i used a blacklist cd key and got locked out by the activation feature. if i can move my files then i'm going to install win2k b/c i have the real cd and wait to install winxp until i buy my own copy.

Brk
11-16-03, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by phigity
i used a blacklist cd key and got locked out by the activation feature. if i can move my files then i'm going to install win2k b/c i have the real cd and wait to install winxp until i buy my own copy.

You no listen, huh?

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129706

Serves you right.

phigity
11-16-03, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Burke
You no listen, huh?

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129706

Serves you right.

i listened to what you said. i don't have the money right now. i'm not trying to get around winxp anymore. i just want to be able to transfer some files to my 2nd hd and then install my copy of win2k.

TrevGlas
11-16-03, 01:01 PM
Check your PM's phigity

IMFKR
11-16-03, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by TrevGlas
Check your PM's phigity

Knock, Knock at your front door.:)

ub3r_n00b
11-16-03, 01:04 PM
cant you install win 2k on one hard drive, (d) and then transfer the files over to the D drive, or win 98 or something, and then install win 2k on your C drive and transfer the files again?

-Preet

TrevGlas
11-16-03, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by PradxDit
Knock, Knock at your front door.:)

rofl hahahah

phigity
11-16-03, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by ub3r_n00b
cant you install win 2k on one hard drive, (d) and then transfer the files over to the D drive, or win 98 or something, and then install win 2k on your C drive and transfer the files again?

-Preet

yeah you can do that. i was looking for a way to do it by maybe booting to a boot disk and then going into DOs and moving the files that way. but i'm dual booting as we speak. this will work just will take some time. thanks for most of ya'lls help!

TrevGlas
11-16-03, 02:39 PM
I think phigity is mad at me :(

phigity
11-16-03, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by TrevGlas
I think phigity is mad at me :(

why would i be mad at you?

Kyle
11-17-03, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by phigity

Eyes bigger than your stomach ehh? Pirate OSes at your own risk! :p

Kyler1