PDA

View Full Version : MagView 17" Model 772 Monitor Issues

MadMax350
11-14-03, 06:36 PM
My monitor started acting up today. I have noticed that for the past year every now and then the monitor would act up briefly. What it would do is act like the video picture would shrink ever so slightly and then go away. This would only happen once about every 2 weeks.

Well today it really goofed up. The geometry went funky in the picture and looked like the ends were compressed and the center part of the screen was stretched. I turned the monitor off and then back on and it seems to be ok now but I notice a smell coming from the monitor now. It smells like burnt circuit board.

Anyone experience this problem and have any advice?

The monitor is MAGVIEW brand.
Product number is: VM700E
Model number is: 772
Manufacture date is: February 2001

porkchop
11-15-03, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MadMax350
My monitor started acting up today. I have noticed that for the past year every now and then the monitor would act up briefly. What it would do is act like the video picture would shrink ever so slightly and then go away. This would only happen once about every 2 weeks.

Well today it really goofed up. The geometry went funky in the picture and looked like the ends were compressed and the center part of the screen was stretched. I turned the monitor off and then back on and it seems to be ok now but I notice a smell coming from the monitor now. It smells like burnt circuit board.

Anyone experience this problem and have any advice?

The monitor is MAGVIEW brand.
Product number is: VM700E
Model number is: 772
Manufacture date is: February 2001
that happened to my old monitor... think its time for a new one...
did it look anything like this?
http://www3.sympatico.ca/alanzha/IM000873.JPG

MadMax350
11-15-03, 08:08 PM
not quite that bad but similar. now it won't remember size and position after the computer is in standby mode or turned off for more than 30 min. I think you are right it is screwed. Just makes me mad I have only had this monitor for about 2 years and it is junk already.