PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem With Video Card

phigity
11-11-03, 09:34 PM
i got new drivers for my 9700 pro (catalyst 3.9) from ati.com and have a problem.

i uninstalled my drivers for my 9700 pro and i was prompted to restart. then after booting i was propmted to restart again. and after the second reboot, it made it all the way to thw windows screen and it loaded and then the com just hung. it was still on but wasn't showing anything on the monitors and they shut off. what can i do. i need to use my computer tonight and right now i'm running safe mode w/ networking support. can anyone please help me?!?!?!!?

A_old
11-11-03, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by phigity
i got new drivers for my 9700 pro (catalyst 3.9) from ati.com and have a problem.

i uninstalled my drivers for my 9700 pro and i was prompted to restart. then after booting i was propmted to restart again. and after the second reboot, it made it all the way to thw windows screen and it loaded and then the com just hung. it was still on but wasn't showing anything on the monitors and they shut off. what can i do. i need to use my computer tonight and right now i'm running safe mode w/ networking support. can anyone please help me?!?!?!!?

Start>All programs, Accessories, system tools, system restore..

restore to a previous point (b4 u installed the drivers)..do what u need to do..and try to reinstall them later---after you remove the others a little better (there's an ati util in add/remove progs to do it)

Cypher
11-12-03, 07:54 AM
You could also uninstall display drives in control panel, reboot run ATI uninstall.exe. Boot to safe mode (w/out net support) and follow the instructions for driver cleaner.

phigity
11-12-03, 08:14 AM
thanks for your help guys! i did system restore and then uninstalled using the control panel. then dl the new drivers and installed them.

is there anything else i can do to make my video card run better besides cooling?

TrevGlas
11-12-03, 12:27 PM
Run some tweaks on it maybe.

phigity
11-12-03, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by TrevGlas
Run some tweaks on it maybe.

know any good places for tweaks mang?

TrevGlas
11-12-03, 09:36 PM
Well you can download the newest

Rage3dtweak

from http://www.rage3d.com

:)

Or Radeon Tweaker - don't know the link, but theyboth do the same stuff.