PDA

View Full Version : geforce 4 Ti4400-PNY

FAQ
06-10-03, 03:01 AM
I have some questions about the Ti4400,128MB DDR.

I have a exhaust fan(32CFM) and im wanting to put it right below my new card. Q:The card has a fan on it, will putting the exhaust fan under it mess with the card fan?

What are some good tweaks for this card? I have the 44.03 nvidia detonator installed.

Thanks for helping.

LT-73
06-10-03, 07:23 AM
If you're going to put a fan underneath the video card's cooler, make sure you put it so it's pushing air into the cooler.

As far as tweaks, not really much unless you plan to oc it, but you can try
Riva Tuner:http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

I have a eVGA GF4 Ti4400 128mb but I modded mine. Volt mods and I swapped the cooler for a mini copper orb and added thermaltake's ram sinks. I have mine oc and run it at 300/700 24/7.

The best drivers for these particular cards are the 40.72's

FAQ
06-10-03, 10:44 AM
Thanks LT

So I should probably put the modem(56k) back,or the USB port back in between the two?
I dont need the modem cause i have cable

------------------------------x---------this x is where the fan on card is

---------------------------x---------this x is where the exhaust fan starts.

I'll try the 40.72 detonator. Im waiting on my recovery cd from compaq so i can format. Im afraid of OC'ing, never done that before and knowing my luck i'd fry my card lol.

Can you recommend a good fan for pushing air onto the card. I looked at thermaltakes and all i see is fans that would go on the card, dont need that. And found another that clips over the whole card, not sure about that one.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how those 40.72 work after i get formatted.

LT-73
06-10-03, 01:58 PM
I'd put the USB bracket on the bottom. The exhaust fan is right where it shoud be. It's blowing right towards the vid card.

Also If i was you , I would'nt oc a compaq, they're not too keen on that ;)

For the fan I'd get a 80mm Thermaltake Smarfan II. They have a dial you can adjust it's speed to your liking:

http://thermaltake.com/products/dcfan/a1357.htm

it's quiet :D