PDA

View Full Version : Video problem ...

mwkirchner
06-09-03, 09:32 PM
I am not sure if this is where to put this ... but here goes.

My girlfriend has a Dell Dimensions 4500. It is a P4 1.8 GHz ... running Windows XP Pro ... and is hooked to a ViewSonic VG150B LCD monitor.

Here is the problem:

On bootup ... not everytime ... the picture on here desktop (as well as any other item that comes up ... like AOL IM) ... will come up all distorted. She runs her desktop at 1024x768 and it comes up looking like 800x600 ... but all ... for lack of better words ... skewed. Once she reboots ... problem goes away.

I know this might be kind of vague ... but any help at all would be appreciated.

I may be able to take a picture of what is happeneing if I am here the next time it happens.

LT-73
06-09-03, 10:16 PM
Could be the vid card's drivers, but i'm not sure MW. I don't use an LCD so it's a little different ( i think). Maybe one of the other guyz with an LCD can help ya out with more info in this area.

mwkirchner
06-10-03, 10:09 PM
^ bump ^

Nobody has any clues?

Massa
06-10-03, 11:43 PM
What is the native resolution of the LCD? Is she running it out of native resolution?

Later,
Massa

A_old
06-10-03, 11:49 PM
if it's a 15" lcd, and it is..she is at native res. check to see if viewsonic's monitor drivers are installed..if they are, change it to plug and play monitor in dev manager..

if they aren't...install latest version from their site.

mwkirchner
06-11-03, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Massamune
What is the native resolution of the LCD? Is she running it out of native resolution?

Later,
Massa

I am not sure what you mean by that ... but if you are asking if the default size is 1024x768 ... then it is and that is what she is running it at.

mwkirchner
06-11-03, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Amro
if it's a 15" lcd, and it is..she is at native res. check to see if viewsonic's monitor drivers are installed..if they are, change it to plug and play monitor in dev manager..

if they aren't...install latest version from their site.

I will take a look and see what drivers she is running. I will let you know how I make out.

Thank you for the responses

A_old
06-11-03, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by mwkirchner
I will take a look and see what drivers she is running. I will let you know how I make out.

Thank you for the responses

any time.. i'm available on aim too..should u need me.

mwkirchner
06-11-03, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Amro
any time.. i'm available on aim too..should u need me.

I looked in your profile ... but do not see your AIM nickname. Wanna give it to me? If not here ... I have my stuff launched and my nickname is MarkKirchner50 ... you can hook to me and I will be able to add you to mine.

Thanks

A_old
06-11-03, 10:14 PM
amrothegeek is my aim..don't everyone msg me at once...hehe i'm not always there (work school etc)..

mwkirchner
06-12-03, 05:55 PM
I went to ViewSonic and downloaded the driver for her monitor. Installed it last night and rebooted numerous times and everything came up fine. She left me a note that it came up fine this morning when she booted up. Only time will tell.

I tried to install the latest NVIDIA drivers ... but for some reason they would not take. Not sure what went wrong there. I tried to install them twice and had the same results both times. She has an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420 card and it has the 4.0.7.2 drivers installed at this time. She is running XP Pro in a Dell Dimension 4500, 1.8 GHz, 256 MB PC2100 DDR RAM.

I will just have to keep an eye on whether or not the ViewSonic drivers did the trick. Hope they did. :nod: