PDA

View Full Version : Any PowerBook G4 users?



Brk
06-09-03, 06:12 PM
I'm interested in hearing from any of you who have or have used one of the new anodized aluminum 12" PowerBook G4s.

Impressions, screen, etc.

Mehmet
06-09-03, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Burke
I'm interested in hearing from any of you who have or have used one of the new anodized aluminum 12" PowerBook G4s.

Impressions, screen, etc.

i got a powerbook g4, the original 15' ones..
they are SMOOTH, REALLY REALLY nice.. love it to death. The 12 inch ones look nice too, just the screen looks at little too small to me.. i dunno, i cnat stand laptop screen that are smaller than 15inches anymore. One thing is, i just cant get used to the touchpad.. its not like,slide your finger slowly to the corner and itll go to the corner, its more like slide it, and the cursor will slide as slow as you move it.. ive got an external mouse instead.

Jaguar is amazing man, some really nice piece of work..

Brk
06-10-03, 10:22 AM
You mean the old Titanium version?

What kind of software (if any) did it come with?

Have you had any support issues? I've heard Apple's tech support is pretty flimsy.

Brk
06-10-03, 01:07 PM
Why can't a PC notebook maker come up with the same super-sleek lines of the new G4s? The ports all lined up neatly along one side, a slot-loading optical drive on the other, etc., etc.

I don't like multi-colored chassis (Dell) or PURPLE or half the ports on one side, some in the back, others in the front, all of that junk. Maybe someday PC makers will get it through their heads.

mountainman
06-10-03, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Burke
Maybe someday PC makers will get it through their heads.

That would be the day.

:rolleyes: to the PC makers.

Mehmet
06-10-03, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Burke
You mean the old Titanium version?

What kind of software (if any) did it come with?

Have you had any support issues? I've heard Apple's tech support is pretty flimsy.

the software was basically all the apple software, iDVD etc.

yeah, the old Ti version.

No support issues really, but there was a flaw with g4.. the screen would touch the keyboard, and that would leave some permanent, some not, marks on it.. sent it to apple and they replaced the screen. Before when we had our desktop G3, they had some nice support, even though the g3 was total crap.

Brk
06-11-03, 11:37 AM
Any idea when the updated 15" is supposed to go on sale?

Mehmet
06-11-03, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Burke
Any idea when the updated 15" is supposed to go on sale?

updated 15'??

havent heard about it, inform me please :)

Brk
06-11-03, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Mehmet
updated 15'??

havent heard about it, inform me please :)

I've been reading a lot of Mac sites and they say while it hasn't been "officially" announced, they fully expect an updated 15" PowerBook with the the new aluminum casing and DDR to be introduced fairly soon.

Mehmet
06-11-03, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Burke
I've been reading a lot of Mac sites and they say while it hasn't been "officially" announced, they fully expect an updated 15" PowerBook with the the new aluminum casing and DDR to be introduced fairly soon.

why aluminum??

why not keep the Ti? IMO, the Ti is what gives the powerbook away.

Brk
06-11-03, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Mehmet
why aluminum??

why not keep the Ti? IMO, the Ti is what gives the powerbook away.

From what I've read, the paint on the Titanium PowerBooks tends to start flaking off after a while. The new ones are anodized aluminum, so no paint to chip.

Mehmet
06-11-03, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Burke
From what I've read, the paint on the Titanium PowerBooks tends to start flaking off after a while. The new ones are anodized aluminum, so no paint to chip.


uh, not that i know of.

ive had mine for like 3 years, and it hasnt faded or anything.. i have scratched it tho.