PDA

View Full Version : CD-Rom assigned to new drive letter + problem

Brandon_k_W
06-09-03, 03:39 AM
i have made my cd-rom my primary slave, and it changed the cd-rom letter from E:\ to D:\, but all my programs still read it as E:\, so i always have to manually change it to D:\.

My Q is if there is any way i can globally change the drive letter for everything on my computer ???

YeOldeStonecat
06-09-03, 06:11 AM
Quickest thing to do that I can think of, would be to change your cd-rom drive letter back to "E"...in Drive Manager. Right click "My Computer" once...select "Manage". You'll see Disk Management there.

There is software to do that (change applications to what drive letter they'll search for their cd-rom on), only one I can think of off the top of my head is one built into Partition Magic. You can also weed through the registry which is where more of todays newer applictions have the "source path" entered. Used to be in .ini files in older software.

But I'd say just permanently changing your drive letter back to E would be the easiest thing.

A_old
06-09-03, 10:14 AM
if u use 2k or xp, go to start, run..type diskmgmt.msc and hit enter..u can change the drive letter there