PDA

View Full Version : Beep beep beep beep



nepenthe
06-07-03, 10:50 AM
Tons of fun over here.

I now have two motherboards that are making this long beeping noise, eveny spaced. They will not boot (Phoenix bios...). The RAM checks out ok, and I tried different processors.

I had three mobos die in one week. Joy.

shant,
david

LT-73
06-07-03, 10:53 AM
Try the bare essentials

Psu
cpu
1 stick of ram
vid card

Then try to add 1 piece of hardware at a time

Usually it's a piece of hardware doing this.

Also before you start doing this, remove the cmos battery for about 10 minutes.

Hope this werks for ya

nepenthe
06-07-03, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by LT-73
Try the bare essentials

Psu
cpu
1 stick of ram
vid card

Then try to add 1 piece of hardware at a time

Usually it's a piece of hardware doing this.

Also before you start doing this, remove the cmos battery for about 10 minutes.

Hope this werks for ya

Thank you for the feedback.

I have stripped it down
I shorted the cmos, though I did not remove for ten minutes.

LT-73
06-07-03, 11:36 AM
Anytime David. Be sure to unplug the psu. Just leave the board without any power whatsoever for about 10-15 minutes. This includes the cmos battery as well. Try swapping 1 piece at a time. Process of elimination until you find the culprit.

Keep me posted :)

Bastid
06-07-03, 01:55 PM
hey David, how many times does it beep like that?
it like the 4 in the subject line, or is it constant?
are they new mobos?
cus i just went through something similar with a new mobo wouldnt post and just gave me 4 beeps evenly spaced...

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115947 (http://http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115947)

nepenthe
06-07-03, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Bastid
hey David, how many times does it beep like that?
it like the 4 in the subject line, or is it constant?
are they new mobos?
cus i just went through something similar with a new mobo wouldnt post and just gave me 4 beeps evenly spaced...

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115947 (http://http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115947)

Long beeps, evenly spaced, ad infinitum.

They are less than a year old.

david

JawZ
06-07-03, 06:54 PM
This is beyond coincidence David. Are both computers folding 24/7 and if they are, are they both connected to an UPS?

nepenthe
06-07-03, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by UOD
This is beyond coincidence David. Are both computers folding 24/7 and if they are, are they both connected to an UPS?

One, yes...... The other was not connected to a UPS.

I await the smackdown...

david