PDA

View Full Version : Detonator removal...HELP!!

Jstyr
06-04-03, 06:44 PM
How can I make sure I'm rid of all my old Nvidia registry entries and whatnot from my old video card driver?

I've already removed the driver via Add/Remove programs (like it said to do in my ATI manual)...BUT my performance just isn't where it should be.

Detonator Destroyer does not support Windows XP. What else can I do to amke sure all those old drivers are gone and at least rule them out as being the cause of my performance woes.

Thank you,

LT-73
06-04-03, 07:11 PM
Go to:

Start menu > Run

Type in "regedit" without the quotes

Then navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE

Look for the folder thar sez: 'NVIDIA Corporation' and delete it

Reboot and you're done, no more Nvidia anything, all gone ;)

I do this all the time when i want to update to the latest drivers nice and clean :D

Jstyr
06-04-03, 07:27 PM
Woot LT!! I had tons of shizz in there!! lets hope this works!!

LT-73
06-04-03, 10:09 PM
I hope you deleted just THAT folder ;) Have faith young grasshoppa :D

Dan
06-04-03, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jstyr
Woot LT!! I had tons of shizz in there!! lets hope this works!!

also,remember to backup your registry before editing,
just in case :)

Jstyr
06-04-03, 11:09 PM
Hey LT I just wanted to let you know that removing those registry entries and re-installing my ATI drivers helped up the performance in my favorite game. I still don't think this baby is firing on all cylinders but I've gotten a good 15 to 20% peformance increase.

You da monsta!!

LT-73
06-05-03, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Jstyr
Hey LT I just wanted to let you know that removing those registry entries and re-installing my ATI drivers helped up the performance in my favorite game. I still don't think this baby is firing on all cylinders but I've gotten a good 15 to 20% peformance increase.

You da monsta!!

:D