PDA

View Full Version : crapola!

Jstyr
06-04-03, 05:08 PM
Building the new P4 system. Everything was going great until I went to connect the CD/DVD ROM and Burner in. The standard 18 inch ATA cable that comes with the A-Bit mobo isn't long enough to reach. I went ahead and ordered a 36 incher (round). Still PO'd because now I gots to sit around with my thumbs up my arse while I wait.

*Caution* to anyone using the new SATA enabled mobo's....the IDE slots are alot lower now. 18 ATA cable will not reach the top 5 inch bays on on my entry level server tower. If your building a system with anything larger than a mid size tower I'd order an extra 24 or 36 inch cable to hook up your drives.

/rant off

Brk
06-04-03, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Jstyr
Building the new P4 system. Everything was going great until I went to connect the CD/DVD ROM and Burner in. The standard 18 inch ATA cable that comes with the A-Bit mobo isn't long enough to reach. I went ahead and ordered a 36 incher (round). Still PO'd because now I gots to sit around with my thumbs up my arse while I wait.

*Caution* to anyone using the new SATA enabled mobo's....the IDE slots are alot lower now. 18 ATA cable will not reach the top 5 inch bays on on my entry level server tower. If your building a system with anything larger than a mid size tower I'd order an extra 24 or 36 inch cable to hook up your drives.

/rant off

Well yeah, in a server tower...LOLOL

Jstyr
06-04-03, 06:33 PM
<---noob :p

One ncie thing I'll say about A-Bit though. They included the floppy connector, 18 inch ATA (obviously) AND a serial ATA connector and Molex adapter. That was pretty badass.

Also those WD raptors I have actually have a power connector for serial OR legacy style molex 4 pin. So really the adapters aren't necessary.