PDA

View Full Version : Building question/BIOS etc

AAF Striker
06-03-03, 05:03 PM
I just got done puting my machine together. I go to boot up and I go through the screen where you can enter the setup for the bios and then it says "no drive attached to fast track controller, BIOS not installed." ... mind you this is after the BIOS screen, which I can get into the BIOS if I hit del. In the BIOS is recognizes the processor, RAM, and Video as well. I am using the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe mobo. Any insight on this problem? I was trying to boot to the XP disc so I can install, but I can't get that far. I am using a SATA HD if that helps the situation at all....

Mark
06-04-03, 05:49 AM
check for correct jumper settings, put the sata drivers on a floppy and press f-6 when prompted in the windows install ??

Brk
06-04-03, 07:33 AM
1. Make sure the FastTrak SATA controller is enabled in the system BIOS and that it is set as a bootable device.

2. Look in the IDE Configuration section of the system BIOS (should be on the first page) and make sure it's set to both PATA and SATA. If it's set only to SATA, you won't be able to access your CD drives, since they are PATA (parallel ATA).

3. Look at the BIOS screenshot in middle of this page:
http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=556&page=5

You'll need to set the SATA Bootrom to whatever setting besides RAID if you're just using one drive. If you're just using one drive, disable the Bootrom, otherwise you'll see the SATA BIOS message every time. AFAIK, you don't need to set up anything within the SATA BIOS unless you're doing a RAID setup, so there's no need for it to load every time you boot up.

4. Make sure you have the driver floppy and hit F6 when Windows setup begins in order to load the driver.

AAF Striker
06-04-03, 10:34 AM
After many changes I finally got it working last night. I had to change a few things in the BIOS, but eventually it worked. It was still weird getting the BIOS not detected message after it already passed through the BIOS setup screen. In any event it is fixed and seems to be working correctly. I got XP to install and then once I got into windows I was able to install the raid controller. Thanks for the replies guys!