PDA

View Full Version : BenQ LCD monitors

nepenthe
04-16-03, 02:08 AM
They evidentally have a 17" 16ms for 400 USD on newegg. 100 less than the Hitachi.

The 19 and 20.1 in look interesting as well.

Any opinions on BenQ (formally Acer)....

shant,
david

cy
04-16-03, 02:40 AM
Samsung's 17" is about the same price, why not get that one over BenQ?

YeOldeStonecat
04-16-03, 05:20 AM
I haven't found reviews on it yet, I know they've been coming out strong with LCD's for a while, hadn't read about this new fast one. I just spent some time at their website looking at it. Quite nice....5 rise, 11 fall.

A lot of people don't know Acer made a lot of OEM equipment for many major brands. I see a lot of people associate Acer with the cheap computers sold at Walmart, the "Aspire" label. Those were bad, but their corporate line of computers was actually pretty good. And guess who actually made a lot of IBM's components!

I haven't had the chance to see any of the new BenQ line...but from the little I've read so far, looks good.

I don't know if they make their own guts on the LCD or not.

http://www.benq.com/display/lcd_fp767.html

http://www.benq.com/display/lcd_fp767_specs.html

SLK
04-16-03, 05:34 AM
Why don't you try an Albatron LCD LOL

nepenthe
04-16-03, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by cy
Samsung's 17" is about the same price, why not get that one over BenQ?

Is the Samsung 16ms speed? I had not checked.

nepenthe
04-16-03, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
I haven't found reviews on it yet, I know they've been coming out strong with LCD's for a while, hadn't read about this new fast one. I just spent some time at their website looking at it. Quite nice....5 rise, 11 fall.

A lot of people don't know Acer made a lot of OEM equipment for many major brands. I see a lot of people associate Acer with the cheap computers sold at Walmart, the "Aspire" label. Those were bad, but their corporate line of computers was actually pretty good. And guess who actually made a lot of IBM's components!

I haven't had the chance to see any of the new BenQ line...but from the little I've read so far, looks good.

I don't know if they make their own guts on the LCD or not.

http://www.benq.com/display/lcd_fp767.html

http://www.benq.com/display/lcd_fp767_specs.html

I missed that it is 11ms fall....

That would equate to ghosting, no?

david

YARDofSTUF
04-16-03, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by nepenthe

david

16ms rise 11ms fall?

i wouldnt think there would be.

nepenthe
04-16-03, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
16ms rise 11ms fall?

i wouldnt think there would be.

5ms rise, 11ms fall

The 15ms rise 11ms fall lcd monitors (Samsung, NEC Princeton Graphics, Compaq, Viewsonic, all I have seen in person) provide enough persistance to be annoy to me. The 12 rise, 4 ms monitors seem most intriguing. The BenQ was havable at 400 dollars, so of course it drew my attention.

shant,
david

YeOldeStonecat
04-16-03, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by nepenthe

david

Thinking you got it right on your next post....

5 rise, 11 fall, 16ms total.

Overall, I'd rather have what the Hitatchi has....faster on the fall. Think about what creates ghosting....it's the "leftover colors" that take too long to go away as the new colors get drawn in. But still, 16 total is quite good. If budget is a concern, I'd give the BenQ a shot. If it isn't a concern, I'd stick with the Hitatchi.

Which Viewsonic model did you happen to see in person?

nepenthe
04-16-03, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
Thinking you got it right on your next post....

5 rise, 11 fall, 16ms total.

Overall, I'd rather have what the Hitatchi has....faster on the fall. Think about what creates ghosting....it's the "leftover colors" that take too long to go away as the new colors get drawn in. But still, 16 total is quite good. If budget is a concern, I'd give the BenQ a shot. If it isn't a concern, I'd stick with the Hitatchi.

Which Viewsonic model did you happen to see in person?

Which is what I was thinking. If persistance was not an issue, the BenQ 20.1 inch for about 900 at newegg would be a winner.

Unless I can find another candidate, it will be the Hitachi 17" (12ms rise, 4ms fall)

I did not catch the model number. It was a 17in model. It was teh best of the bunch (It was next to a Compaq and a Samsung)

shant,
david