aopen mobo - 220.00
m-audio sound card - 100.00
asus geforce FX 5200 110.00
1 gig corsair XMS twinX memory 320.00
3com nice 30.00
(2) APC UPS pro 1400va 1200.00

total is 2495.00

tax return is 1845

loss of 650.00 for a great system, i am VERY tempted!

LINX
04-15-03, 10:45 AM
why would u wanna spend all that on intel?

loop2kil
04-15-03, 11:53 AM
Nice looking way to spend the tax return YOS and some bumpage for 'Toolman' sized backup power..... What other systems are you running btw? Havent seen what other toys uve been sporting lately.

loop2kil
04-15-03, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by LINX
why would u wanna spend all that on intel?

Because he wants it and has the money for it. Also, he's an intelligent shopper that knows high quality hardware...... whats with all the AMDites posting negative crap everytime someone posts about buying intel...IM GETTING SICK OF THIS CRAP.
If you cant be positive or at least offer constructive backed up information besides "amd rules forever" then dont post at all.
If you like AMD, cool its a great alternative but some people just like intel (for now)...so get over it.
<prepares for flames but dadgummit im sick of it>

sorry for crapping ur thread up EVEN MORE YOS

EDITED FOR EXPLITIVES

cy
04-15-03, 12:19 PM
woah u spent $1200 on 2 UPS's....!

loop2kil, i agree with ya, but u can say it in nicer way ;)
I just looked at some Intel and AMD prices at local stores the other day, i found out that a Barton XP3000+ and a 3.06 with HT are the same price....infact, the AMD is $10 more. As far as I know, HT Technology owns AMD. And also the highly priced AMD totally defeated the point of people buying AMD and the ATTRACTION of buying AMD (Price vs Performance). So if they are around same price and Intel offer more, why not? AMD did own Intel for Price vs Performance for a while, but I think that was history...Intel had caught up! Thinking my next sytem might be an Intel.

LINX
04-15-03, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by loop2kil
Because he wants it and has the money for it. Also, he's an intelligent shopper that knows high quality hardware...... whats with all the AMDites posting negative crap everytime someone posts about buying intel...IM GETTING SICK OF THIS CRAP.
If you cant be positive or at least offer constructive backed up information besides "amd rules forever" then dont post at all.
If you like AMD, cool its a great alternative but some people just like intel (for now)...so get over it.

EDITED FOR EXPLITIVES

dude i dont know who u think u r quoting me and taking an attitude like that but i suggest u tone it down u dont even know me like that

SLK
04-15-03, 12:30 PM

EDITED FOR EXPLITIVES

Its a machine.. Chill

loop2kil
04-15-03, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by LINX
dude i dont know who u think u r quoting me and taking an attitude like that but i suggest u tone it down u dont even know me like that

Nope, dont know ya, dont need to...I quoting you b/c of the crap u posted, you posted it so its quoted. The tone is there for a reason though ur not the only one but you were the one that 'broke the camel's back.'

SLK
04-15-03, 12:36 PM
Its all based on opinion.. nothing else. Noone should be getting into arguements over this matter. After all its a computer. Not a life death situation so why argue? You will get no where.

Rob

loop2kil
04-15-03, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by SLK
Its all based on opinion.. nothing else. Noone should be getting into arguements over this matter. After all its a computer. Not a life death situation so why argue? You will get no where.

Rob

Agreed but i cant tell ya how many threads i open and its someone asking about intel systems and then there's always some pointless comment about "amd rules forever" or save money amd is cheaper(when thats really a completely false statement anyway)

I prolly could have been a bit more tact about saying what i wanted to say, but that was my first negative post in almost 3 years so i havent had any practice :)

SLK
04-15-03, 12:43 PM
Look at todays prices and you will find that AMD is not that much cheaper anymore. I rather sacrifice stability more then performance. After all benchmarks are synthetic and don't show reallife performance.

Brk
04-15-03, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't go for the AOpen board...I'd wait for reviews on the ASUS, ABIT or Gigabyte boards.

From all the problems with the implementation of the 800 MHz P4 parts, I'm sticking it out until June before committing to Canterwood...

loop2kil
04-15-03, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Burke
I wouldn't go for the AOpen board...I'd wait for reviews on the ASUS, ABIT or Gigabyte boards.

From all the problems with the implementation of the 800 MHz P4 parts, I'm sticking it out until June before committing to Canterwood...

Never owned an Aopen, they might be the shiznat...hmmm i think i will stick with the 850e for a few more months...would like to get 1gb pc1200 rdram for this bad boy but im out of kidneys to sell :)

mmm 200fsb with rdram...can you say bandwidth...

Shagster
04-15-03, 01:04 PM
Id be happy waiting. I need to at that.

-Price drops for my budget
-Motherboard revision is a must
-Waiting for corsair xms pc3500LL
-Current system is powerful

Yeah, Im with burke.

SLK
04-15-03, 01:12 PM
Im going to keep my P4 i ordered and just get a canterwood down the road a bit.

BaLa
04-15-03, 02:31 PM
Intel SUX!!!

:p j/k

obviously you've got the money so go for it..
though I'd question whether or not you REALLY need the 2 APCs for $1200 lol.

mobo wise maybe do what Burke suggested..
while you wait you could get like an Asus P4PE or some other board..(there are tons of really good ones out there)

YARDofSTUF
04-15-03, 02:45 PM
i will be waiting on the mobo. and i havent spent it yet, tho i probably will, and i will check out the reviews.

loop got a 1.4p3 taulatin dualie, 2.26ghz p4 at 2.5, a 2.5ghzp4 at 2.9-3ghz, and shortly a 2400+ amd, the 2.26p4 is the new family pc in a couple months so i'd be short one rig the new p4 would be my 4th to fill that empty void in my 4 port kvm switch :D

down th road the 2.5 ghz p4 will be replaced with an amd.

Blisster
04-15-03, 06:24 PM
just as many people jump on the 'Intel' fanbus and crap AMD threads too but you know what, big fvckin deal. It's a message board and people post there spam constantly anyways, geeze get over it...

YARDofSTUF
04-15-03, 06:32 PM
i think loop's just got a bit extra stress lets all relax since it doesnt matter :)

i like and run both brands

SLK
04-15-03, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
i think loop's just got a bit extra stress lets all relax since it doesnt matter :)

i like and run both brands

ditto:D

loop2kil
04-16-03, 02:08 AM

I like and run both brands

Yeah I had a bad day today and wasn't in the best of moods...sorry Linx for making you the target of my bad day and blowing something up that could have just as simply been shrugged off by me...

ahhh feel much better now

YARDofSTUF
04-16-03, 06:57 AM
so anyone gonna talk me down lol

LINX
04-16-03, 10:20 PM
Yeah I had a bad day today and wasn't in the best of moods...sorry Linx for making you the target of my bad day and blowing something up that could have just as simply been shrugged off by me...

ahhh feel much better now

back at ya im new here but im the kinda person that jumps to a fight when its started instead of blowing it off like i should

LT-73
04-16-03, 10:57 PM
3ghz 800mhz fsb P4 - 515.00

Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrf ! :nope:

YARDofSTUF
04-18-03, 04:18 AM
it never ends, now i'm thinking of scratching the 2nd apc for the prometeia instead of waiting to get it later but i cant find the mach2 prommy for sale anywhere!

also if i get the prommy mach2 then i'd more than likely go for the 3000+ barton cuz i've seen one on the mach2 at 2.8ghz

BaLa
04-18-03, 05:25 AM
yeah the promeitia (sp) is supposed to kick ass..
you don't need a $600 APC or 2 of them at least..lol

BaLa
04-18-03, 05:25 AM
WTF??

ASS
ass...
ASS...

YARDofSTUF
04-18-03, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by BaLa
you don't need a $600 APC or 2 of them at least..lol

for 4 PCs, a monitor, cable modem, printer, router, 60watt lamp, and a phone? i dont think i'd have viable(sp) running time with all that on one, would i? i really dont know much about backup UPSs

and what do u mean by ur last post lol

Blisster
04-18-03, 12:20 PM
i think hes trippin because ASS isnt gettting censored. ASS!

YARDofSTUF
04-18-03, 12:32 PM
it never was ive made like 4 posts in the last year or 2 about that but no one listens.

BaLa
04-18-03, 03:15 PM
yeah I was suprised it didn't get censored...

I thought it did at one time..
oh well..lol

YARDofSTUF
04-18-03, 10:37 PM
if u censor ass then u also end up censoring bass, grass, class, mass, lassie, etc...

SLK
04-18-03, 10:46 PM
Who would say lassie?

YARDofSTUF
04-18-03, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by SLK
Who would say lassie?

a lassie fan, or maddoc...