PDA

View Full Version : WC question.

Mehmet
04-14-03, 11:00 PM
so, im thinking of getting a watercooling kit from dangerden, now couple of questions..

Condensation, do i have to worry about it?

and;

The pump, can i just leave it running 24/7?

or can someone point me to a relay theyve got going?

LT-73
04-14-03, 11:39 PM
Unless you're going sub-zero temps, you won't get condesation from water.

Yes, you can leave the pump on 24/7. They're designed to stay on cuz of the aquarium. You'll be fine , trust me ;)

Mehmet
04-15-03, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by LT-73
Unless you're going sub-zero temps, you won't get condesation from water.

Yes, you can leave the pump on 24/7. They're designed to stay on cuz of the aquarium. You'll be fine , trust me ;)

nice, how loud is the pump just by itself? and also, do i just plug the adapter to the pump outside of the case into a surge protector or something?

Thanks LT, im gonna go with a danger den system, what temps do you think ill be at with an athlon 1700 + throughbred? something with a regular eheim pump and a maze 3?

Mehmet
04-15-03, 12:09 AM
where do you think i can mount all this stuff man? im gonna get a black ice radiator, and an eheim...

where do you think i can mount this in my case?

LT-73
04-15-03, 01:14 AM
Well the ehiem 1048 isn't loud at all. Just a low humm. The 1250 is a loud bastich! Humms like crazy!

A DD kit is awsome especially paired up with the black ice rad. That maze3 is a great block. You should see at least a 5-7 degree drop including a fantastic noise reduction. Depending on how big your case is, not sure about fitting. remember, the rad and pump are the largest pieces. Also you might have to hack up the front of the case to get better airflow thru the rad.

Do a google search on watercooling. You should find pics of already done cases and you'll get an idea.

terrancelam
04-15-03, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Mehmet
nice, how loud is the pump just by itself? and also, do i just plug the adapter to the pump outside of the case into a surge protector or something?

Thanks LT, im gonna go with a danger den system, what temps do you think ill be at with an athlon 1700 + throughbred? something with a regular eheim pump and a maze 3?

pumps aren't too loud and yes you need to usually plug it into a wall socket (which means it's always on untill you unplug it.)

Don't worry about condensation, worry about water lvls. Keep a keen eye on your water lvls. Should be lots of fun, let us know how this goes! :D