PDA

View Full Version : Not good

LT-73
04-13-03, 11:03 PM
Dunno what happend with the nebulous, but the new mobo is toast :mad: First it's runnin great, then it just shuts off like before. Now all i get is the FF code, nuttin else.

Looks like another one bites the dust. Gonna have to rip nebulous apart, clean up the mobo, and send t back.

Geeez this is really beginning to get to me. I dunno what's happening.

SLK
04-13-03, 11:04 PM
Is there a FSB jumper on the board?

terrancelam
04-13-03, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by LT-73
Dunno what happend with the nebulous, but the new mobo is toast :mad: First it's runnin great, then it just shuts off like before. Now all i get is the FF code, nuttin else.

Looks like another one bites the dust. Gonna have to rip nebulous apart, clean up the mobo, and send t back.

try unplugging the PSU from the mobo, then remove the cmos battery (might just be a bad setting causing your problems?)

Also check the capacitors, I remeber reading about how whole shipment from various companies got bad capacitors and they were either leaking or blowing up on people.

As for basic trouble shooting, you try the basic cpu/video/ram trick?

A_old
04-13-03, 11:11 PM

that stinks man, it's an omen (letin)

Shagster
04-13-03, 11:14 PM
Someone posted you should try another abit.

I have to agree with them!

SLK
04-13-03, 11:21 PM
Did any one see this?

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8250

ALL of the boards that are missing the FSB jumper suffer the same issue LT is having..

Strange isn't it?

LT-73
04-14-03, 01:11 AM
Well, I tried evrything I know, ( No, not the the sledgehammer this time :p )

My poor new mobo is stuck @ the FF code :cry:

To cheer myself up, I just finished werkin on my friends pc. I spent most of the day modding it. It's a masterpiece if I do say so myself.

It's metallic purple with satin black accents. Complete with purple cables and purple cold cathodes.

Well, I'm gonna just lay down and watch a movie or something. Even after modding the pc, I'm still getting a headache and the nosebleed just started :( I dunno when I'll come back, I'm really angry and depressed after all this werk on nebulous.

Cya guyz later sometime.

mountainman
04-14-03, 08:34 AM
Hey LT...

http://www.intel.com

:D

(J/k... sorry to hear about that. I'm getting my new mobo soon and I am already dreading getting a DOA or something along those lines. :))

Good luck getting it fixed.

deksecurity
04-14-03, 09:19 AM
hay LT r u sure it your mobo? i think epox they have bios fixed right? i read it some where. as soon they know that nforce have some problems now abit will come out with bios 17 to fix that problems too but it still a beta so i will wait ...it time for ABIT NF7-S 1.2 :D by the way u want to sale your week 304? :p

LT-73
04-14-03, 12:17 PM
Thanx guyz , Guess I'll just rip the nebulous apart and get the mobo ready for RMA back to newegg. Dek, I'm not gonna wait around for a so-called fix. I'm just gonna swap out the mobo's agaon for the upteeenth time. Geez, i just noticed I'm spending more time taking apart nebulous and re-building than I'm actually enjoying my online time :rolleyes: Oh, btw.... the answer to sell my 304 is.............um............... NO!

Thanx JD., You'll prolly have more luck than me. Your mobo will be in perfect condition buddy! ;) ( and um.....icks-ney on the intel-ney :p )

deksecurity
04-14-03, 02:19 PM
Thanx guyz , Guess I'll just rip the nebulous apart and get the mobo ready for RMA back to newegg. Dek, I'm not gonna wait around for a so-called fix. I'm just gonna swap out the mobo's agaon for the upteeenth time. Geez, i just noticed I'm spending more time taking apart nebulous and re-building than I'm actually enjoying my online time :rolleyes: Oh, btw.... the answer to sell my 304 is.............um............... NO!

Thanx JD., You'll prolly have more luck than me. Your mobo will be in perfect condition buddy! ;) ( and um.....icks-ney on the intel-ney :p )
it ok LT for that 304 i just want out and got my self 1.... nice thing about it is d manager at store tell me if it not overclock good i can go and chenge a new 1 by the way yesss it a week 304 he help me pick it also... ok time to get busy i'm a happy man :D:)

LT-73
04-14-03, 02:30 PM
Dek, the best ones to get are:

248- if you can find it

lemme know which one you get ;)

Good Luck :D

deksecurity
04-14-03, 02:38 PM
Dek, the best ones to get are:

248- if you can find it

lemme know which one you get ;)

Good Luck :D
i got 304 but i also see they have 302 but i pick 304 by the way da manager tell me that white core can over clock more is that ture?

LT-73
04-14-03, 03:24 PM
I dunno anything about a 'white' core. Post the whole code. I wanna see if it's like mine. I'm in the middle of tearing the nebulous apart.

extreme
04-14-03, 03:42 PM
poo i quess a bought a crappy week:( mine is a 0302

LT-73
04-14-03, 04:34 PM
I heard the 302's are not bad. Give it a shot and see what she does. Don't throw in the towel before the race even starts ;)

Well, an update on the nebulous:

I just took her apart and packed up the mobo. Sending it out wed. for the RMA. Hopefully I'll get one back that's the winner.

See guyz, I'm taking all your suggestions and doing it right, even tho my right way is the sledgeway :D

Now if this doesn't go "by the book" can i play Peter gabriel's "sledgehammer" ?

SLK
04-14-03, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SLK
Is there a FSB jumper on the board?

I talk to myself a lot?

Brk
04-14-03, 07:34 PM
At the risk of getting sledged myself...you try any other brands besides EPoX?

extreme
04-14-03, 07:37 PM
I talk to myself a lot?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I dont think Epox included the fsb jumper. Though i whish they did .

SLK
04-14-03, 07:37 PM
LT- I would get the FIC AU11...there are absolutely no issues reported that ive seen... Cause it probibly has the FSB jumper.

Also its not safe to confirm and save more then 2 different configurations in the bios on nforce 2s... Could stop the system from posting. (seen over at nforcers HQ)

mountainman
04-14-03, 09:13 PM

:D

I guess someone has to keep those companies' RMA service in check.

Good luck, LT.

Cypher
04-14-03, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry things are'nt going well with all of this for you LT. ut I'am glad you are taking it in stride, and not letting it get the best of you.:D

LT-73
04-14-03, 11:45 PM
Thanx muchachos. Imma try the 8RGA+ one more time, if not, I'll try the FIC. Runnin Silverbolt @ 13x166 full bore and no problems ;) Wed I'll ship the mobo back to newegg for the RMA. Once I get the new mobos from my bro in florida, I'll sell em and get the Abit too :D

Loonatic
04-15-03, 08:27 AM
Try an A7N8X deluxe.
;)

SLK
04-15-03, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Loonatic
Try an A7N8X deluxe.
;)

Yes... You will definately have the same problem with the Epox and Abit that I guarantee...

LT-73
04-15-03, 03:28 PM
I'll give a shot anyways. I hate asus :p

Thanx anyways guyz ;)

Blisster
04-15-03, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by extremeg177
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I dont think Epox included the fsb jumper. Though i whish they did .

my 8RDA+ has the jumper on it

SLK
04-15-03, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Blisster
my 8RDA+ has the jumper on it

Probibly a newer rev

extreme
04-15-03, 06:37 PM
Yea what is the rev Blisster?

extreme
04-15-03, 06:37 PM
oh and what is the stepping on the NB blisster?