PDA

View Full Version : APPLE question



andrew87
04-13-03, 10:31 PM
does anyone have pics of wat those new g4 towers look like inside??? there parts? ive always wanted to know wat a apple looked like

Brk
04-13-03, 10:37 PM
They look a lot like PCs, actually.

terrancelam
04-13-03, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by andrew87
does anyone have pics of wat those new g4 towers look like inside??? there parts? ive always wanted to know wat a apple looked like

like burke says, but what I find is interesting is that my G4 800mhz cpu uses passive/dell cooling (I.E the fan isn't on the cpu the exhuast fan is positioned. Other then that, setup is almost exactly like any PC.

Brk
04-13-03, 11:04 PM
There's actually noise complaints about the high-end G4s...they use Delta fans stock. I posted on this a while back...lemme dredge it up...

terrancelam
04-13-03, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Burke
There's actually noise complaints about the high-end G4s...they use Delta fans stock. I posted on this a while back...lemme dredge it up...

XD Delta, jesus man, all the G4 based computers I've seen (E-Macs and what not) have been super quiet.

But I do admit, man those dual processor towers have me drooling to play with the, (saw one with a mac cinema display)

Brk
04-13-03, 11:17 PM
Here it is:

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107124&highlight=apple

Hopeful
04-13-03, 11:35 PM
Anybody really curious enough? i got one lying round...

Hopeful
04-13-03, 11:37 PM
wow... i just looked inside it... crazy... i have a digicam... i can follow it up with pics tomorrow

**edit** its 2 years old...

BaLa
04-13-03, 11:41 PM
how dare you ask an apple/mac question on this forum...
PC QUESTIONS ONLY :mad: :mad:
I'm going to have to PM a mod/admin about this :mad:

Hopeful
04-13-03, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by BaLa
how dare you ask an apple/mac question on this forum...
PC QUESTIONS ONLY :mad: :mad:
I'm going to have to PM a mod/admin about this :mad: geez dont have a cow bala!... have a sheep instead!
http://www.the-scientist.com/images/yr2002/oct28/sheep.jpg

BaLa
04-13-03, 11:45 PM
I meant to put

:p
or
:D

at the end of the post....musta forgotten :p :D

Brk
04-13-03, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Hopeful
geez dont have a cow bala!... have a sheep instead!
http://www.the-scientist.com/images/yr2002/oct28/sheep.jpg

Reported to MadDoc.

terrancelam
04-13-03, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Burke
Reported to MadDoc.

JESUS NO! God help us, *runs and hides*

Hopeful
04-14-03, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Burke
Reported to MadDoc. i had that one coming to me