PDA

View Full Version : first batch of tweaking

Blisster
04-13-03, 05:05 PM
well here is the OC I've gotten out of my setup so far. Spent the weekend at my buddies place introducing him to the world of LAN gaming, did some mild twekas and heres what I got so far:
http://zero.westcoastelite.com/rhuurrr/oc1.JPG

the FSB is about as fast as I could get it, took the multi to 12 so far. got the memory timings relaxed back to a 2.5-3-3-5 adn the vDimm bumped uo just a hair, what might be leeping me from getting a higher fsb?

extreme
04-13-03, 05:43 PM
Good work!! Did you set your ram percent timing down to like 80%. When you do that you should be able to hit further on the fsb. I know that ram can do more

Mark
04-13-03, 05:44 PM
Lower the multiplier some.

*edit for spelling error*

Blisster
04-13-03, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by extremeg177
Good work!! Did you set your ram percent timing down to like 80%. When you do that you should be able to hit further on the fsb. I know that ram can do more

I've been trying to hold the ram's speed at 200 (as its DDR 400) but do you think if i took it down a bit id get more headroom on my FSB?

extreme
04-13-03, 07:34 PM
I've been trying to hold the ram's speed at 200 (as its DDR 400) but do you think if i took it down a bit id get more headroom on my FSB?

:nod: but you will see a little preformance decrease. My corsair 3200(400mhz) is running at 75% which gave me alot of headroom. Before you o/ced did you run any "burn in's"?

mwkirchner
04-13-03, 11:03 PM
See signature for specs on my computer now ...

I am running PC3200 Mushkin RAM. I noticed something tonight when I was tweaking. When I set the FSB to 200 ... the CAS was at 3.0 ... but when I dropped the FSB to 166 ... the CAS went to 2.5

I can feel a significant difference in speed (at least it seems that I do). I am running at 166 FSB with the multiplier set at 13.0 on the 2400+ Athlon and it shows up as a 2700+ with a speed of 2.17 MHz.

This setting has been the most stable for me so far. I will be trying to play with it a little more in a few days. Right now I am happy with what I have got here.