PDA

View Full Version : Help me FInd these drivers Please



Cameron203
04-11-03, 11:09 PM
I Picked up a Dell Inspiron 3800, and it came with Win Me installed but I put Win 2000 NT Pro on it but can't find the audio and modem drivers for it can anyone help?

Brk
04-11-03, 11:21 PM
Can't you find them at Dell's site?

Cameron203
04-12-03, 12:25 AM
I checked they want you to log in or some crap can you believe that. Like their afraid someone is going to pirate their drivers. LoL

Brk
04-12-03, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Cameron203
I checked they want you to log in or some crap can you believe that. Like their afraid someone is going to pirate their drivers. LoL

Well damn, man...did you try TO login?

Something strange tells me you'll find what you need there...

Cameron203
04-12-03, 12:57 PM
Can't you need a service tag which requires some type of purchase code. Anyways I found a way around it. Thanks Burke. Hopefully these are the right drivers.

The Dude
04-12-03, 01:04 PM
It's no big deal to log in, it actually makes things easier. Dell creates a profile for you, similar to what Speedguide does, and ties it to a cookie on your system. I have an old dell 486 my daughter uses. The cookie makes it easier to find what I want for the old beater on thier site.

The Dude
04-12-03, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Cameron203
Can't you need a service tag which requires some type of purchase code. Anyways I found a way around it. Thanks Burke. Hopefully these are the right drivers.

You can read the service tag number in your bios. It's also stickered to the PC somewhere.

Jamie_R
04-13-03, 07:39 AM
Well damn, man...did you try TO login? Something strange tells me you'll find what you need there...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

YARDofSTUF
04-13-03, 08:05 AM
burke is a genius some times.

Brk
04-13-03, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
burke is a genius some times.

Or as aagiants would put it, "Genious." :D

YARDofSTUF
04-13-03, 08:07 AM
its a connecticut thign i almost did it too, u dont wanna know...

Brk
04-13-03, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
its a connecticut thign i almost did it too, u dont wanna know...

I see...usually I ignore anything dealing with Connecticut, since their spaces were powder-blue and not worth much.

YARDofSTUF
04-13-03, 08:10 AM
with a hotel 550 and 600 is a nice little purse tho.

Brk
04-13-03, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
with a hotel 550 and 600 is a nice little purse tho.

I'm sure that with a little care, Mogadishu would rake in the cash too, but I ain't gonna skip Park Place to build a Days Inn there. :D

YARDofSTUF
04-13-03, 08:15 AM
not everyone can have park place!