PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye AMD.. Hello Intel

SLK
04-10-03, 10:52 PM
Well.. As we speak im making the switch to intel.

Im going to start out with an Albatron PX845PEV PRO, P4 2.4ghz 533mhz FSB. Ill use the stock cooler for now to see what I get. :)

Im having too many problems with AMD and Im done RMAing motherboards..Its getting a little insane for me.

Special Thanks to Dean Nottis @ 3dXtreme.org who is selling me the board:D

SLK

Brk
04-10-03, 10:54 PM
Welllllllllllllllllllllcome...

ub3r_n00b
04-10-03, 11:00 PM
/cry I are miss you senior

-Preet

SLK
04-10-03, 11:01 PM
Bad news though burke... I can't buy your 8500le though.

Sorry.. you can put it back on your for sale list.

Chris
04-11-03, 12:10 AM
Welcome to the camp.
500 Mhz OC on air.
http://martiangod.dyndns.org/sis.jpg
without even breaking a sweat.

It does get kinda boring though. No boards to RMA, no vaporchills, nothing extreme at all. Just add an ATI card and it friggin rocks out of the box.

I feel for all them AMD folk that put themselves though all that stress;)

zooner
04-11-03, 01:53 AM
I agree chris, it was tough when I just pnp'ed the whole setup. This was my second p4 setup and both went very smoothly.

what are you running your voltage at? I'm at 3.05 right now, although running at 10% increase on the voltage... I was unstable at 3.15. I might bump up the voltage to 15% and try 3.10, but I"ll have to be careful about the temps.

This setup is sweet though... :)

loop2kil
04-11-03, 02:16 AM
Continue walking towards the light, you're almost there :)

hehe, nice looking setup there...dont know much about that board but hopefully it will be a good one for ya.

btw, welcome to the Force...."may the swartz be with you"

dj_tigger1982
04-11-03, 03:13 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooo.... AMD rule

I had a k62, and a k63 and a duron, and an athlon, and now an XP, and i have no issues @ all,

They run everyting, and can cope better with the audio editing that I do, where the intel failed.

Mon the AMD ........ live forever

Loonatic
04-11-03, 04:58 AM
Tisk tisk.

Oh well, out with the newbs! :)

To be honest though, if you had to RMA boards now, dont you think you'll be rmaing those on the intel side too? Ya know, most mobo manufactors make AMD AND Intel boards. I doubt they put explosives in the AMD board just for YOU to screw up ;)

Cypher
04-11-03, 07:06 AM
And now the end is near,
as so you face the final curtain.
You've lived a life thats full, on each and every highway
Once more much more than this
You'll do it Barretts way.
:D
Hey SLK whatever works best for you, just go with it. It's all about getting the biggest bang for your buck, and peace of mind.
Good luck with it.
:D

SLK
04-11-03, 08:34 AM
Thanks guys for not giving me too much grief:p I am very sick of these buggy motherboards and I want something reliable. My backup system is AMD and probibly will always be as long as intel is pricey.

Shagster
04-11-03, 07:27 PM
Good job SLK. You will like the switch. Intel definately has the market at this time for a good reason.

Brk
04-11-03, 07:30 PM
Intel ought to do Apple-esque "switch" ads.

Moving between and Intel and AMD platform isn't so bad, since all you really have to do is get a new board and CPU anyway.

Cypher
04-11-03, 07:40 PM
Yeah but the only thing IMO that Apple has are their OS (since its unix based:D ) Steve and Woz. Unless your deep into GD

Loonatic
04-11-03, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Good job SLK. You will like the switch. Intel definately has the market at this time for a good reason.

:confused:

Brk
04-11-03, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Loonatic

He's likely referring to the fact that if you asked 95% of PC users in the world what name they know, they'd say Intel.

Shagster
04-11-03, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Loonatic

:( :) :o :D ;) :p :rolleyes: :cool:

Brk
04-11-03, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
:( :) :o :D ;) :p :rolleyes: :cool:

Now THAT is pure postcount.

Shagster
04-11-03, 11:48 PM