PDA

View Full Version : Out of Frequency Message HELP

Zowdin
04-10-03, 02:31 PM
I have a Viewsonic VA 700 LCD panel monitor and Geforce 4 TI 4600 video card using Win XP. I don't seem to have the problem in windows, surfing the net but just in Everquest. I can play the game for varying amounts of time, but then the screen goes black and a message in a red window says something like,
Frequency out of range. and gives a Vert and Horizontal set of numbers. The only thing I can do at this point is reboot. Viewsonic says the card is sending out of freq. signal to the monitor which does this lockup and message to avoid having the monitor become damaged. I have set windows and the in game resolution to 1024 x 768 ( native res for the monitor ) and also set the refresh in both windows and the in game controls both at 60 hrtz. This is as low as I can set it. I don't know if there is anything else I can do or if I may just have a videocard that has gone bad somehow and sends out some bad signals. If you can give me any suggestions I would appreciate any help.

Zilog B
04-10-03, 04:19 PM
Maybe 60 Hz is too low, what does the manual for the screen say the ranges are?

I had a problem way back in windows 98 with similar kind of problems. Eventually i just changed the refresh rate in windows to "adapter default" and it fixed it. Not sure if there is such a setting in winxp tho.

Jstyr
04-10-03, 04:22 PM
I got some weird video issues a long time back with EQ when I had both my desktop resolution and EQ resolution set to the same size. They may have fixed that bug. Also my issues was my toolbar flashing through into the game and then it would lock up after awhile, not a frequency error I don't believe.

Try making sure the resolutions are different. and remember...EQ is evil :D