PDA

View Full Version : ata 150 hooked up!!

ralphie13
04-09-03, 11:02 PM
ok i got it working the searial drive now i copied my old drive to the new one everything is on there so i unhooked the old drive and just left the sata drive and when i start the comp it keeps asking me to insert a boot disk which i did not make yet so anyway i have right now 3 drives hooked up so to let u know i guess it sets itself cause the seagate has no jumpers on it to set the master or slave..... can i make a boot disk from the cd-rw cause i do not have a floppy hooked up and does anyone know when i am starting the computer with just the sata hooked up and it asks for the bootup disk will that be just one time or am i doing something wrong

Shagster
04-09-03, 11:11 PM
Your sata doesnt have a master/slave setting because those are for ide only. Get a book disk with cdrom support and you'll be good.

ralphie13
04-09-03, 11:19 PM
i am sorry what is a book disk or did u mean boot disk and if so do u know how to do it? thanks

Shagster
04-09-03, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by ralphie13
i am sorry what is a book disk or did u mean boot disk and if so do u know how to do it? thanks

I meant boot disk, sorry. Go to google and type "boot disk" and you should have a lot of places to get one from. I use the windows 98se one. This will start your computer in a dos mode and also allow you to use your cdrom.

Just remember to tell your computer to boot from cdrom.

YARDofSTUF
04-10-03, 05:58 PM
www.bootdisk.com is where to go!