PDA

View Full Version : A-ha!!!

Brk
04-09-03, 09:33 PM
It DOES work!

I plugged the VGA to the new Folding box and the DVI into my main PC, and all I have to do is hit the "Exit" mode button the LCD and it switches between the two!

YES!!!

Brent
04-09-03, 09:51 PM
sweet, take pics of the setup, i'd like to see everything....

Brk
04-09-03, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Brent
sweet, take pics of the setup, i'd like to see everything....

I gotsta clean up the place...'tis chaos incarnate. Here're some pics of the new case with everything installed, though:

http://www.burkehamblin.net/images/speedguide/amdsetup1.jpg

http://www.burkehamblin.net/images/speedguide/amdsetup2.jpg

http://www.burkehamblin.net/images/speedguide/amdsetup3.jpg

Sid
04-09-03, 10:21 PM
Hey Burke, Is that a retail cpu setup? Just curious because mine came with green fans(see server specs below). And just to let you know the stock HSF kinda blows. Folding on my dually AMD retail system the cpu's get real freaking hot. AMD say's that's ok and they will warranty them(3 yr) provided case ventilation is within specs(which is)

Brk
04-09-03, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Sid
Hey Burke, Is that a retail cpu setup? Just curious because mine came with green fans(see server specs below). And just to let you know the stock HSF kinda blows. Folding on my dually AMD retail system the cpu's get real freaking hot. AMD say's that's ok and they will warranty them(3 yr) provided case ventilation is within specs(which is)

Yeah, retail fan/heatsink. It's at 52 C now with Folding going, with only one case fan in the back. I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket cooler now, but I want a nice, quiet one. It's already loud enough in here.

Sid
04-10-03, 01:01 AM
Damn your system is running hella cooler than mine. 52c and folding, not to worry, cpu will hang there for ever. AMD say's your not too hot till it bangs like 90c. Mine ran folding at 69c for a week before I took the cover and added the room fan to it.

Blisster
04-10-03, 01:07 AM
jeez-
i run at about 49 while folding and thats with a vCore of 1.9 volts, and a hasty slap on job of applying ASII to my Volcano 9.

I'm gonna lap it this weekend and install my 2100 T_Bred baby!!!! WOOOWOOOO!!!!

Jstyr
04-10-03, 04:24 AM
Burke your cleanliness disgusts me :P

BaLa
04-10-03, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Sid
Damn your system is running hella cooler than mine. 52c and folding, not to worry, cpu will hang there for ever. AMD say's your not too hot till it bangs like 90c. Mine ran folding at 69c for a week before I took the cover and added the room fan to it.
that's pretty hot..

but not too bad considering you're running 2 MP 2000+'s
and grahpics cards get pretty hot these days too..
doesn't say what GFX Card in your sig
also you have 2x WD SE drives..I'm sure they don't get smoking hot...but I bet they don't run cool either..

<edit>

oh yeah;
your setup looks really nice Burke :D

Brk
04-10-03, 07:23 AM
Yeah, this cheapo Antec case is better for wire management than my $200+ dollar Cooler Master. LOL

Brent
04-10-03, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't let an AMD cpu maintain over 60c, i like to make 60c my thermal limit and try to keep the temp lower then that, but in the summer it is quite hard to do here....

nice setup Burke, very very clean i like