PDA

View Full Version : Got my new mobo today !!! w00t!

LT-73
04-09-03, 12:25 PM
FedEx came today and brought me my new mobo; Epox 8RGA+ :D

I can hardly wait to install it and see what it does. I know it's gonna be shweeeeeeeeet!!

I won't be able to do anything until i get my freezer back tomorrow ( i hope). I'm beginning to think I should forget about the freezer. But come the summer, even with my AC on, it isn't gonna be cool enough for the nebulous.

Oh well, looks like i have no choice but to wait til tomorrow. In the mean time, I'll start the swapping ;)

2.7Ghz, i'm commin' !!!! w00t!

Immortal
04-09-03, 12:27 PM
hehe.. have fun!!!

also.. how's the weekend? did i miss anything?

Brk
04-09-03, 12:36 PM
And I just sold a brand-new 8RGA+ for $120.00. :D

Cypher
04-09-03, 12:38 PM
Those boards are tight LT. Have fun with it.:D

LT-73
04-09-03, 12:59 PM
Thanx guyz! :D

Cypher, i'm looking foward to it! ;)

Hiya immy!, My wknd was awsome! That's all i gotta say , hee hee :D

Burke, i knew it was only a matter of time before you went back to the dark side ( intel) :p When are you gonna understand that the AMD force will never be crushed? ;)

120 bux is a great deal! Congrats.

SLK
04-09-03, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by LT-73
FedEx came today and brought me my new mobo; Epox 8RGA+ :D

I can hardly wait to install it and see what it does. I know it's gonna be shweeeeeeeeet!!

I won't be able to do anything until i get my freezer back tomorrow ( i hope). I'm beginning to think I should forget about the freezer. But come the summer, even with my AC on, it isn't gonna be cool enough for the nebulous.

Oh well, looks like i have no choice but to wait til tomorrow. In the mean time, I'll start the swapping ;)

2.7Ghz, i'm commin' !!!! w00t!

No cute airborne express lady this time:p I can arrange another time for her to come:rotfl:

tHE_0ne
04-09-03, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Burke
And I just sold a brand-new 8RGA+ for $120.00. :D

I cant wait Burke!

LT: I also have a tbred-b 1700 coming and Im planning a homemade water cooling system as well.

Maybe you can help me with it

deksecurity
04-09-03, 06:19 PM
2.7? poor me :(

LT-73
04-10-03, 02:15 PM
Ok, I spent all nite rebuilding the cube cuz i got tierd of waitin on the freezer, that was about 2 1/2 hours. Then I proceed to tear apart the nebulous, take out the 8K3A+ and install the 8RGA+. Re-install my blocks and everything else. Another 3 1/2 hours. Then to format, an all niter. Did'nt finish formatting till about 11 am . Re-install windows and evrything else. Finish tweaking the hell outta it.

Now the hell begins:

Can't overclock this biotch! runnin 12.5X166. Can't even get near the 2.5Ghz i was running with the 8K3A+ and it's tickin me off big time. Evrytime I try to go higher, I get a complete shut down. No BSOD or anything. It just shuts down. Then I gotta wait about 15 dam minutes after I clear the cmos for this dam thing to fire up again.

I relax mem timings to almost a dead sleep and still no go. WTF?

Shagster
04-10-03, 03:04 PM
Your not helping the AMD cause LT. :P

Its the damn chipsets. I can't stand the nforce2. I couldnt get it to work on mine. Probably the corsair fault. Got to mess around with a friend asus and i wasnt impressed.

SLK
04-10-03, 03:08 PM
Low latency memory modules are problems on Epoxes.

LT-73
04-10-03, 03:25 PM
Dammit! I dunno what the heck it is, but it just keeps shuttin off for no reason.

extreme
04-10-03, 03:57 PM
update drivers and bios?

LT-73
04-10-03, 04:04 PM
Extreme, I can't do that cuz the f%^&*%# machine won't stay on long enough. I'm so f@#%^&* mad right now I got a goddam nosebleed and a freakin headache. I'm at the breakin point and i'm losing my f#$%^&* patience.

Duzmor
04-10-03, 04:09 PM
Lt- Bios Up date - www.epox.nl

Mainboard model name: 8RGA+
BIOS filename: 8RGA3225.BIN (3100)

Updates in this version:
Update BPL 2.89
Change CPU frequency update method

Updates included from previous version:
Now shows "Memory Dual Channel Enable" at POST screen, when memory is used in Dual channel mode.
VGA BIOS Boot title changed

Duzmor:D :D

Duz!!

extreme
04-10-03, 04:11 PM
Even when you clear CMOS and set BIOS to preformance defaults it still shuts down on ya?

Mark
04-10-03, 04:12 PM
is there a setting in the bios for thermal shut down or something along those lines ?

maybe under clock it just long enough so you can update the bios.

LT-73
04-10-03, 04:23 PM
Thanx guyz. Imma get the new bios, and try to fire this junk up at lower than default speed long enough to flash.

I'll keep ya posted.

extreme
04-10-03, 04:31 PM
goodluck!!!

LT-73
04-10-03, 04:45 PM
Thanx extreme :)

Well I'm back. I cleared the cmos for the upteenth time ( lost count). Got the new bios, set the new mobo's setting to 12x133 then flashed. Running now at 12.5x166. It's passed 5 minutes without shutting off.

I'll see what it does later on, right now I'm gonna eat a little something and get some drugz. My head is pounding a mile a minute and i keep gettin nose bleeds.

extreme
04-10-03, 05:13 PM
Yea that is a good idea take a break. have beer read a book or sleep!

That good it passed 5min:p

you'll get that 2.7ghz or further in no time:D

Extreme

LT-73
04-10-03, 05:16 PM
Ok, you know what, it's finished, I've had it. Ripped that cursed f@#$%^& board out of the case, took the sledgehammer and smashed the frukkin thing into a gazzlion mega pieces! To hell with the dam nforce board.

I'll stay with KT333 8K3A+ until it dies, and after that no more frukkin computers!

Mark
04-10-03, 05:22 PM
damm Dino i hope you are joking :eek:

LT-73
04-10-03, 05:23 PM
Nope, I never joke about smahing things. When i say i smashed it, believe me, it's a jigsaw puzzle.

extreme
04-10-03, 05:24 PM
Same here i hope you are joking. Dude dont quit wid computer just becuase if the damn 8rga+. We need you hear!

extreme
04-10-03, 05:24 PM
You going to try the 8rda+ at all?

SLK
04-10-03, 05:27 PM
KT333 was the BEST chipset at that time. And still has the good umph to this date.

Don't worry, Just some boards can't overclock as well as others. Some has its quirks also. Shake it off and relax...Its only a piece of machinery not a life death situation.

You are still the elite overclocker and noone can change that..Just keep that in mind.

-rob

Loonatic
04-10-03, 05:32 PM
Thats epox quality control for ya.

I had a problem with Abit like that. Dont give up Lt.

extreme
04-10-03, 05:38 PM
Thats epox quality control for ya.

IMO Epox makes great boards! see sig.

deksecurity
04-10-03, 05:44 PM
ABIT NF7-S :p ABIT NF7-S :p ABIT NF7-S :p ABIT NF7-S :p ABIT NF7-S :p ABIT NF7-S :p ABIT NF7-S :p ABIT NF7-S :p ABIT NF7-S :p

LT-73
04-10-03, 05:59 PM
Um dek, do you remember what happend with the nf7-s I had? lemme refresh your memory, my good man:

I bought an NF7-s Rev 1.2 from excaliberpc.

Takes 2 weeks for delivery ( ups ground from CA.)

After installing it evrything's fine......................not.

Running it at 13x200 which should have been a walk in the park for that board. 36 hours later, during a viewing of a DVD, the bios chip explodes taking the socket with it.

I call excaliberpc for an RMA. It was like pulling teeth to get an RMA from them. Finally after about 3 days, i get the RMA.

Takes excaliberpc 3 weeks to refund my money. Then I get the board I thought was the winner :rolleyes: Which is now the ultimate puzzle which i will box up and send back to epox to show my gratitude for a wonderful product :mad: :mad:

Would you like to know more?

extreme
04-10-03, 06:05 PM
Man i feel bad for you. You have went through 2 of the so called best motherboards for o/cing and not one of them worked right.

btw, Can i try putting the puzzel back together:p

LT-73
04-10-03, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by extremeg177
Man i feel bad for you. You have went through 2 of the so called best motherboards for o/cing and not one of them worked right.

btw, Can i try putting the puzzel back together:p

I dunno wtf else to do extreme. I can't believe i'm using a dam soltek ( my back up) right now. And this thing does'nt overclock worth a dam. I figure so i'm going backwards instead of foward, I should get a killer AMD K6-2 350 again, What do you think?

Cypher
04-10-03, 06:18 PM
Damn LT, I'm sorry how this is ending up for you man. I would seriously just walk away for a while and let your head clear. F%@k the PC for tonight. Go do something to get your mind off of all of this.
Get your head right and just chill.
;)

LT-73
04-10-03, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by cyPHer_138
Damn LT, I'm sorry how this is ending up for you man. I would seriously just walk for a while and let your head clear. F%@k the PC for tonight. Go do something to get your mind off of all of this.
Get your head right and just chill.
;)

yeah, what the hell. i just flushed 130 bux down the crapper, might as well get some coffee, and watch some midget pr0n. I need a good laugh.

Cypher
04-10-03, 06:22 PM
There you go. I have smashed my fair share of expensive toys myself. The best is when I threw my old Acer off the balcony for a 6 story ride. Damn that felt good.:D

deksecurity
04-10-03, 11:38 PM
Um dek, do you remember what happend with the nf7-s I had? lemme refresh your memory, my good man:

I bought an NF7-s Rev 1.2 from excaliberpc.

Takes 2 weeks for delivery ( ups ground from CA.)

After installing it evrything's fine......................not.

Running it at 13x200 which should have been a walk in the park for that board. 36 hours later, during a viewing of a DVD, the bios chip explodes taking the socket with it.

I call excaliberpc for an RMA. It was like pulling teeth to get an RMA from them. Finally after about 3 days, i get the RMA.

Takes excaliberpc 3 weeks to refund my money. Then I get the board I thought was the winner :rolleyes: Which is now the ultimate puzzle which i will box up and send back to epox to show my gratitude for a wonderful product :mad: :mad:

Would you like to know more?

that why i don't buy any thing from explodes i got my sweet ABIT NF7-S 1.2 from gameve.com free 2-3 day air ship i pay 121.00 at that time how about give abit nf7-s 2.0 1 more try ha ? i can do 225+fsb with out any mod or is it just your luck with ABIT? i'm sure if i got good cpu week like u i'm up there with u but for now i'm happy with 225fsb as u know my cpu max out at 2.31 so for now i'm just go for hight fsb....

Sid
04-10-03, 11:54 PM
My head is pounding a mile a minute and i keep gettin nose bleeds.

Watch that BP Dino

loop2kil
04-11-03, 02:38 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss LT, You've had some bad luck with them motherboards of late....I like the idea of shipping it back to epox to let them know what you think of it...that would be good closure and then take a few days/weeks off to gather urself...then come back to the MAD O/C'ers office and get back at it again....maybe i shouldn't have posted at all but i felt i needed to say something.

Note to self, dont piss LT off and keep sledgehammers and computer parts from being in the same room together :)

LT-73
04-11-03, 10:56 AM
Thanx loops, it's ok ;) My neighbor checked in on me, i told him what the problem was after he saw the bloddy mess. Would you believe he ordered a new mobo for me? :eek:

LINX
04-11-03, 11:04 AM
sorry to here that bro i got my Abit NF7-S/1.2 in finaly and its kicking some major a$$ so far im at 220FSB with 4-2-2-2 timings

LINX
04-11-03, 11:14 AM
this is what got so far
and this is what i run 24/7

http://linxworld.org/images/220fsb.jpg

LT-73
04-11-03, 11:40 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet oc LINX ! Btw, welcome to speedguide! :D

A_old
04-11-03, 11:45 AM
nice oc.

lt try another abit.

LT-73
04-11-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Amro
nice oc.

lt try another abit.

Hmmm, I dunno. I'll think about it tho, thanx amro ;)

extreme
04-11-03, 03:15 PM
hey linx nice o/C!!! you on H20?

LINX
04-11-03, 03:16 PM
noway i dont play with the little stuff i have promy

extreme
04-11-03, 03:17 PM
Should be able to go alot higher then

LINX
04-11-03, 03:18 PM
yeah my cpu can do 2.7

extreme
04-11-03, 03:18 PM
Stable? If so do it!!

LINX
04-11-03, 03:19 PM
i havent even hooked up the v-mods that ive done

SLK
04-11-03, 04:00 PM
LINX!!!! Welcome to speedguide! I knew you would come:D

LT and I were waiting for you:D

LINX
04-11-03, 04:08 PM
thx for the welcome bro's

extreme
04-11-03, 04:09 PM
ahh linx you from hardkorehardware?

LINX
04-11-03, 04:09 PM
there and OCF

extreme
04-11-03, 04:10 PM
Thats what i thought. I remeber you now

LINX
04-11-03, 04:11 PM
is that a good thing or bad

extreme
04-11-03, 04:12 PM
its a good thing!

Cypher
04-11-03, 04:57 PM
Linx that OC is tight as hell:D I look forward to seeing you around.;)

LINX
04-11-03, 04:59 PM
well u all will find out i love to spend money on everything new that comes out and im a major overclocker

LT-73
04-11-03, 05:19 PM
Yo LINX ! Glad you can make it! Hey, I lost the link to you site. You still have it up and runnin? Pass the link when you get that chance.

LINX
04-11-03, 05:33 PM
My Forum (http://www.who0ha.com/linx/index.php) here ya go bro

tHE_0ne
04-11-03, 05:36 PM
LT: I just got that board im Burke, im scared to install it now!

Shagster
04-11-03, 06:39 PM
I have a good idea.

Everyone on the forums get together. You all get the same CPU and then everyone get the different brands of motherbords. Together you overclock and figure out which one is the better. Then RMA everything else and everyone get the same boards and work together on a mad overclock. :D

Brk
04-11-03, 07:14 PM
Maybe I'm not reading something here, but it sounds like you started overclocking it right after it was all set up. I've noticed some boards don't like to be overclocked right of out of the box, but instead "ease" into it over time. Could be the problem.

Brk
04-11-03, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I have a good idea.

Everyone on the forums get together. You all get the same CPU and then everyone get the different brands of motherbords. Together you overclock and figure out which one is the better. Then RMA everything else and everyone get the same boards and work together on a mad overclock. :D

And then NewEgg will eliminate their RMA program altogether.

Cypher
04-11-03, 07:24 PM
Hey LT. I'm glad everything is working out for you in the end with all of this. I know this hobby of ours can be VERY stressfull, but it's equally rewarding. You should have seen me during my first FreeBSD install. I did'nt even touch the computer for days after that nightmare.:D

Sid
04-11-03, 09:28 PM
Hey LT, next time you fell like smashing a perfectly good non-overclockable MB send it my way and I send you a gift certificate to the outback steak house.

extreme
04-11-03, 09:32 PM
That sounds good right now. you got me wanting to go to outback now!

Sid
04-11-03, 09:34 PM
That sounds good right now. you got me wanting to go to outback now!

:rotfl:

extreme
04-11-03, 10:02 PM
how do you get one of those smilies to work?

SLK
04-11-03, 10:04 PM
Over in the Smilies got click "Get More" Or type : rotfl :

extreme
04-11-03, 10:06 PM
:rotfl: It worked!!

Brk
04-11-03, 11:21 PM
:rotfl: It worked!!

If only mobos were so easy...

SLK
04-11-03, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Burke
If only mobos were so easy...

AMD Mobos that is....

LT-73
04-11-03, 11:52 PM
LOL , I'm sure you guyz are not gonna let me live this one down huh? If i know you guyz, you'll prolly have saved this one with the other "sledgehammer kills" I've had in the pass right? :p

[Hans Solo] Laff it up fuzzballs![/Hans Solo] :rotfl:

Oh, thanx for the link LINX ;)

Shagster
04-11-03, 11:55 PM
LOL , I'm sure you guyz are not gonna let me live this one down huh? If i know you guyz, you'll prolly have saved this one with the other "sledgehammer kills" I've had in the pass right? :p
[Hans Solo] Laff it up fuzzballs![/Hans Solo] :rotfl:

Wonder how the athlon 64's will OC.

Ok, LT, if the athlon 64 doesnt even OC as well as a barton. And you hear crazy OC's from the Intel owners, will you switch?

LT-73
04-12-03, 12:05 AM
Wonder how the athlon 64's will OC.

Ok, LT, if the athlon 64 doesnt even OC as well as a barton. And you hear crazy OC's from the Intel owners, will you switch?

Hmmmmmm, I dunno. Of all the AMD's i've own, not one gave me any problems, well..........almost all with the exception of the tbred b 301.

AMD mobo's, Only 4 out of i dunno how many, gave me problems.

All in all, AMD's rock in my book ;) I'll most likely stay with AMD. I can't very well play "follow the leader" now can I ? I have to be leader and lead my men into battle against the dark side :D

Shagster
04-12-03, 12:11 AM
Hmmmmmm, I dunno. Of all the AMD's i've own, not one gave me any problems, well..........almost all with the exception of the tbred b 301.

AMD mobo's, Only 4 out of i dunno how many, gave me problems.

All in all, AMD's rock in my book ;) I'll most likely stay with AMD. I can't very well play "follow the leader" now can I ? I have to be leader and lead my men into battle against the dark side :D

I think I gave you too much encouragement over AIM :D Intel definately can't get the OCs a AMD can get. Then again, AMD can never get the stability an Intel can get. Its those damn AMD boards that arent worth a @$%^#@$^ that made me go to the dark side.

If you win the lottery you are buying intel setup and you are gonna see what you can do with it. And you have to buy me one too, and, oh hell, but me a new car too, and maybe help me pay for college. Hmmm.

SLK
04-12-03, 12:18 AM
I think we should all paypal LT some money for a P4.:D :D

Shagster
04-12-03, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by SLK
I think we should all paypal LT some money for a P4.:D :D

He's the only one on this board who can OC worth a damn.

Mehmet
04-12-03, 12:37 AM
He's the only one on this board who can OC worth a damn.

but then again, not everybody on this board has a freezer hooked up to their system, or watercooling.

LT, i have to say that you did a very stupid thing by smashing that board, you couldve just RMA'ed it..

if it doesnt work, dont try to fix it, return it..

Shagster
04-12-03, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Mehmet
but then again, not everybody on this board has a freezer hooked up to their system, or watercooling.

My point exactly :D

LT-73
04-12-03, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Mehmet

LT, i have to say that you did a very stupid thing by smashing that board, you couldve just RMA'ed it..

if it doesnt work, dont try to fix it, return it..

Otay, I'll remember that when I start to get a massive headache and my nose starts to bleed. At that point I'll try my best to walk away, think rational, and make sure the sledgehammer is locked away.

well,I know that was sarcastic, sry. I know you're just trying to help. Honestly, I'll try.

Mehmet
04-12-03, 01:48 AM
Otay, I'll remember that when I start to get a massive headache and my nose starts to bleed. At that point I'll try my best to walk away, think rational, and make sure the sledgehammer is locked away.

well,I know that was sarcastic, sry. I know you're just trying to help. Honestly, I'll try.

i guess i just cant justify the cost of a $130 board, i dont work, and boards dont come cheap, well, this 8k5a2+ is doing me good, has hit 200+ fsb, wanna trade with something?

Oh, BTW, i get nosebleeds all the time, ive got a vein thats cracked in my nose, for like a couple of weeks, it bleeds all the time, then it stops.. I havent had one in like 4 months, *knocks on wood* hope I dont get one of those weeks for a while.