PDA

View Full Version : Know of any software that can detect dead LCD pixels?

JawZ
04-08-03, 10:34 PM
:D

TIA

I think I have one but I would like to know if there are more of them that I haven't seen yet.

Shagster
04-08-03, 10:38 PM
Turn on a white screen

Brk
04-08-03, 11:21 PM
http://www.monitorsdirect.com/toolkit/index.shtml

If a pixel is black, then it's dead. If it looks darker or "flickery," then just gently press on the screen where the affected pixel is. That sometimes will "reset" it.

A_old
04-08-03, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Burke
http://www.monitorsdirect.com/toolkit/index.shtml

If a pixel is black, then it's dead. If it looks darker or "flickery," then just gently press on the screen where the affected pixel is. That sometimes will "reset" it.

They can be other colors, i've seen a bright teal color and also red before.. the key is to try different solid colors..i.e. red, black, white, green, blue screens..look closely and u'll see them..they aren't too tough to pick out most of the time.

SLK
04-08-03, 11:51 PM
I see a lot of blue pixels...Color of BSOD LOL

Brk
04-09-03, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Amro
They can be other colors, i've seen a bright teal color and also red before.. the key is to try different solid colors..i.e. red, black, white, green, blue screens..look closely and u'll see them..they aren't too tough to pick out most of the time.

Right, I just meant if you see one that's black, it's definitely a dead one. Also, a lot of times a "dead" pixel is really nothing more than a speck of dust being lit up on the screen...a quick fingering will fix it.

JawZ
04-09-03, 08:31 AM
It's not totally black, more of a shade of dark grey. It's dead. When I did the white screen trick, the screen is so bright that you can't see it. I had to lower the contrast settings to notice it. But thankfully it is at the bottom right edge of the screen so it isn't distracting....and since most of the sites have a colored background, you don't even really notice it.

Fortunately there are no others.;)

Thanks for the link Burke...bookmarked.:D