PDA

View Full Version : Advice on the Aquaries II



Rings890
04-07-03, 05:02 PM
I am just installing my T/T Aquarius II water cooling system. Just looking for any pointers you guys might have for me.

Brk
04-07-03, 05:16 PM
You might PM terrancelam, he has one.

tHE_0ne
04-07-03, 05:18 PM
http://www.3dgameman.com/vr/thermaltake/thermaltake_aquarius2/video_review.html

extreme
04-07-03, 05:42 PM
http://www.3dgameman.com/vr/thermal...deo_review.html


ohhh that video made me want one!!!

tHE_0ne
04-07-03, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by extremeg177
ohhh that video made me want one!!!

same, its a good cooler BUT

the pump is weak/cant really OC hardcore/tubes are small

extreme
04-07-03, 05:51 PM
the pump is weak/cant really OC hardcore/tubes are small


Any h20 is betther the air;)

ub3r_n00b
04-07-03, 06:18 PM
ahahahhahahahhaha

wow his temps are like 48 degrees load for a Pentium... and not even overclocked... my temps overclocked are 45 degrees full load.................

on an AMD with a v9...

Just shows ya that the aquarius 2 sucks :P

-Preet

Shagster
04-07-03, 06:42 PM
Its waterblock sucks almost as bad as the pump.
I'd rather have air.

ub3r_n00b
04-07-03, 06:58 PM
btw temps are now 37 degrees idle.. 41 degrees load.. dont know how that happened.. must be a cool day lol

-Preet

terrancelam
04-07-03, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Rings890
I am just installing my T/T Aquarius II water cooling system. Just looking for any pointers you guys might have for me.

A few things to note:

The tubing that comes with the kit isn't 1'2, it's not ever 1'4, it's 1'6 (very close to that). So remember that when ordering parts. The pump/resevoir is a bit on the weak side of things so if you are in the mood to upgrade, that should be the first thing on your mind.

BTW don't use the coolant/water solvent that comes with the kit for too long, they only give you enough for one dose in the small resevior that comes with it. Some cool stuff you might want to look for as an alternative is Red Line Coolant or Purple Ice. Good stuff, just rememberm the portions to water is something like 1 to 32 (you can estimate usually, more coolant won't kill the radiator or the block, but it would be still ok if you added a bit too much water, usually doesn't affect it too much from what I've seen.)

Don't be afraid to buy adapter heads for the parts that don't have your correct size for the tubing (I.E, get a 1'6 adapter for the pump if you can buy one, I personally am using a pump/resevoir with a 1'4 tubing head, but it I can still pull the current 1'6 tubing over the head and get the clamp on to hold it down. )

The cpu block and the radiator are quite nice, so I don't recommend replacing them unless you get super hardcore.

If you have any question, post here or feel free to pm me :D

Mehmet
04-08-03, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by tHE_0ne
http://www.3dgameman.com/vr/thermaltake/thermaltake_aquarius2/video_review.html

There is no doubt in my mind that that guy was payed to that.

puhleez, 68*C with a copper heatsink and a 7000 rpm fan?? What heatsink is he running..

Disgusting.

tHE_0ne
04-08-03, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Mehmet
There is no doubt in my mind that that guy was payed to that.

puhleez, 68*C with a copper heatsink and a 7000 rpm fan?? What heatsink is he running..

Disgusting.

thermalright slk 900

Brk
04-08-03, 03:51 PM
3DGameMan isn't exactly a top site for in-depth reviews anyway, though. It's good to see the products, but I can figure out what comes in the box; I don't need someone to spend five minutes describing it.

Mehmet
04-08-03, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by tHE_0ne
thermalright slk 900

CELCIUS..

NOT fahrenheit.

Rings890
04-08-03, 05:45 PM
:mad: :( :mad:

Well, I got everything set up and running. I was nice and quiet, ran cool. Then 15 min into it the pump died:( So Yes I guess the pump is weak.
terrancelam, do you have any recomendations as to a replacment pump? My RMA pump will be a few days away.

tHE_0ne
04-08-03, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Burke
3DGameMan isn't exactly a top site for in-depth reviews anyway, though. It's good to see the products, but I can figure out what comes in the box; I don't need someone to spend five minutes describing it.

ALL of his items are "kick ass" :p

Mehmet
04-08-03, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Rings890
:mad: :( :mad:

Well, I got everything set up and running. I was nice and quiet, ran cool. Then 15 min into it the pump died:( So Yes I guess the pump is weak.
terrancelam, do you have any recomendations as to a replacment pump? My RMA pump will be a few days away.

I would suggest any of the Eheim Pumps, but, they might be bottlenecked by the tubing... Their really nice pumps though, but, i think they run on 110 V AC, so, your gonna have to plug it in to a poweroutlet outside of the case.