PDA

View Full Version : Something is funky at Hardocp...

MikeyMan
01-31-03, 08:39 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8955

Xtreme people caught this one. This is indeed strange.

This is not a "who is better" thread.. this is a "what the" thread. Hopefully someone will enlighten us or add to it.

SLK
01-31-03, 08:48 PM
heheh, go post that at the hard forums

SLK
01-31-03, 09:11 PM
i tryed posting it there and a mod edited my post. im gettin on kyle bennets case right now

YARDofSTUF
01-31-03, 09:12 PM
doestn matter to me i dotn get to use it either way lol

Brk
01-31-03, 09:15 PM
HardOCP and JCViggen's problems are legendary...you'll get deleted by the mods every time; some subjects are just taboo at the HardForums.

Shagster
01-31-03, 10:00 PM
Brents scores are legit...but i wonder if he knows anything about the others

Brent
01-31-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by THEshaggy
Brents scores are legit...but i wonder if he knows anything about the others

they are legit too

just watch the videos, if that doesn't prove it to you well then....

jcviggen always starts that crap, personal issues against hardocp...

YARDofSTUF
01-31-03, 10:14 PM
ya i deffinately would never question brent's scores.

SLK
01-31-03, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
ya i deffinately would never question brent's scores. :nod: I would too

Shagster
01-31-03, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Brent
they are legit too

just watch the videos, if that doesn't prove it to you well then....

jcviggen always starts that crap, personal issues against hardocp...

Figures, are the personal issues over money or did he get jcviggen's girl or something?

Brent
01-31-03, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by THEshaggy
Figures, are the personal issues over money or did he get jcviggen's girl or something?

i don't know the details, not my business, the issue is mainly between jcviggen and steve, something that happened a long ass time ago, dunno what though....

but everytime steve has a new article jcviggin comes in attacking it complaining of conspiracy theories...

here are two videos Steve made on the running 4.4Ghz machine, showing that its indeed stable and running at the right speed...

http://home.attbi.com/~brentjustice2/4440_cpuid.avi

http://home.attbi.com/~brentjustice2/4440_sandra-cpu.avi

Shagster
01-31-03, 10:38 PM
Well speedguide has you guys covered :D

Mark
01-31-03, 10:39 PM
Brent, the only thing i get from those links are a static picture and some audio, BTW i tend to believe the [H].

Brent
01-31-03, 10:49 PM
You need the latest DIVX 5 to view them

SLK
01-31-03, 11:02 PM
ya, i figured that out. He talks to himself alot

njeddiek
01-31-03, 11:03 PM
Here is my 2 cents on the subject. To silence the critics all they had to do is publish the 3dmarks and Pcmark. It would show the speed the test was run at. As for videos they prove nothing. David Blaine can really levitate and the statue of Liberty really disappeared on live tv awhile back. You cannot believe everything you see.
I personally like their site and read their reviews. This super OC though is questionable.

If it is legit then I congratulate them on a great job.

SLK
02-01-03, 12:53 AM
Kyle Bennett got some serous head issues.

heres what he replied to my apology note.

"You can go after me in public, but when it is time for you to say sorry, you hide behind a PM."

Joe
02-01-03, 01:02 AM
dont forget that they are mearly computers

Faust
02-01-03, 01:16 AM
SLK,

what Kyle is saying si that if you attack him in public, you should apologize in public. saying you're sorry or that you were wrong in the same manner you called his integrity into question would be the right way to try and make amends.

don't think i am taking sides here. i really don't give a crap about site rivalries. i have no idea who is right or wrong, and really don't care. i think it;s very immature to let something so resolvable (and pretty insignificant IMO) remain an issue for so long. not only the example mentioned in this thread, but in general.

SLK
02-01-03, 01:20 AM
i asked him if i should apologize in public too. hes just a stubborn idiot.

A_old
02-01-03, 01:23 AM
when i read it, i believed it..i believe it still..but i don't believe they wanted to 'wait' on the 3d mark posts.. they just can't get it to RUN 3d mark at that speed. my friend's 2.53 will post @ 3.3 AIR COOLED..and make it into windows and run sandra at 3.15 (all on the stock intel HSF)..but nothing more.. it will NOT run 3dmark at that speed..it'll only run 3d mark at 3.06 max

SLK
02-01-03, 01:26 AM
Honestly. i really dont know what to believe. and.. i dun care. AMD is my platform. Not intel

Brent
02-01-03, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Amro
when i read it, i believed it..i believe it still..but i don't believe they wanted to 'wait' on the 3d mark posts.. they just can't get it to RUN 3d mark at that speed. my friend's 2.53 will post @ 3.3 AIR COOLED..and make it into windows and run sandra at 3.15 (all on the stock intel HSF)..but nothing more.. it will NOT run 3dmark at that speed..it'll only run 3d mark at 3.06 max

it does run 3dmark stable, all the way through...

wut can i say, heh

i find this whole thing ridiculous myself, its gone to far

if you don't like something on a website don't go to the website, it makes me wonder why people keep coming back to things they think are strummed up of conspiracy and false info...

this whole thing is startin to tick me off, we will post 3dmark scores when we are good and ready as kyle says... you don't like it, tough

A_old
02-01-03, 01:42 AM
hey buddy no need to get defensive, just posting my opinion on the matter. didn't mean offense you know. shrug, if u say it does--i trust you. k? Just was odd.

SLK
02-01-03, 01:49 AM
I dont think Brent means you in general Amro. I think he means EVERYONE, from other forums too;)

A_old
02-01-03, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by SLK
I dont think Brent means you in general Amro. I think he means EVERYONE, from other forums too;)

thanks bro..i've no hard feelings either way..

Brent
02-01-03, 02:36 AM
didn't mean you specifically

jus the whole thing in general

A_old
02-01-03, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Brent
didn't mean you specifically

jus the whole thing in general

seems the [H] has lots of headaches..it's funny and annoying..oh well--more publicity for it.