PDA

View Full Version : WHats wrong with mouse

aagiants
01-30-03, 02:56 PM
Pretty new mouse, but now for some reason after i come home the mouse double clicks on it own. I click once, the mouse automatically clicks twice.... wtf...

Shagster
01-30-03, 03:12 PM
go to start-settings-controll panel-mouse and there should be an option to select "single click" or "double click"

YARDofSTUF
01-30-03, 03:48 PM
shake it, and tap it on its side, the clicker thing on the inside may be sticking

mwkirchner
01-30-03, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
shake it, and tap it on its side, the clicker thing on the inside may be sticking

NOT the dreaded "clicker thing" ... :D :D :D

I love it when you guys use all this technical jargon. :D

YARDofSTUF
01-30-03, 06:43 PM
:D

http://www.thecaboose.net/yardofstuf/mouse.JPG

the clicker thingies are circled in yellow :p

aagiants
01-30-03, 06:49 PM
I wish i knew how to open this thing.. It looks like there isn't any places where u can unscrew it :(

Christopher561
01-30-03, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by aagiants
I wish i knew how to open this thing.. It looks like there isn't any places where u can unscrew it :( underneath the stickers? maybe

YARDofSTUF
01-30-03, 06:58 PM
what mouse?

aagiants
01-30-03, 07:59 PM
i found an experimental mouse, old mouse, same model... Opened it, and i opened the clicker.. wrong thing to do... all these little pieces

So i decided not to open it heh.. i dont know what to do.. I bought this New off of ebay.. so no warranty

YARDofSTUF
01-30-03, 08:25 PM
well jsut bang it sideways on ur desk, but not enough to crack it.

Shagster
01-30-03, 08:28 PM
My microsoft explorer mouse stopped working because the wire that goes into the mouse got loose. So I called microsoft and they sent me a new one. it was a version 3.0!

aagiants
01-30-03, 08:37 PM
I am going to try to RMA it.. but i opened the one that has the prob, and put a small amount of tape on top of the clicker becuase the clicker was worn.. so far so good.. :)

YARDofSTUF
01-30-03, 08:51 PM
just how hard do u click the button? LOL

aagiants
01-30-03, 08:58 PM
lol, Too many BS Headshots in CS can explain this... It puts such anger in thee

YARDofSTUF
01-30-03, 09:01 PM
lol, Too many BS Headshots in CS can explain this... It puts such anger in thee

ppl do that on my system and i plug in teh 2 dolla kingston mouse lol

aagiants
01-30-03, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
ppl do that on my system and i plug in teh 2 dolla kingston mouse lol

haha lol

aagiants
01-31-03, 02:13 PM
I scapped parts from my old mouse, and replaced the metal clicker thing inside... Took me like an hour cause it soo small and kept breaking them.. Its all good now. But im going to be looking out for a good deal on a good mouse :)

mwkirchner
01-31-03, 04:31 PM
I scapped parts from my old mouse, and replaced the metal clicker thing inside... Took me like an hour cause it soo small and kept breaking them.. Its all good now. But im going to be looking out for a good deal on a good mouse :)

There is some more of that technical jargon I was speaking of earlier. :D