PDA

View Full Version : Rma ?

Joe
01-29-03, 07:53 PM
How does the whole process work? I think my 9700 pro is dead and I dont think BEst-Buy takes things back after so long... any one care to enlighten me?

YARDofSTUF
01-29-03, 08:18 PM
ya goto ATI website and goto contact us or whatever it is and look for an RMA number or email addy, u'll have to fill a few things out and then send it to them. i like to do it over the phone so i'm assured that it will be RMA'd and not sent back saying i voided the warranty or ayhtign like they could from just using teh online form and crap.

Joe
01-29-03, 08:39 PM
how long does the whole process take? The sending and recieving? generally speaking of course unless youve rma'ed something to ATI b4?

Shagster
01-29-03, 08:55 PM
since its ATI im guessing about ohhh, 6 months.

Massa
01-29-03, 09:19 PM
Heh 2 -3 weeks if you're canadian like me!!

LT-73
01-29-03, 09:28 PM
Yep

monkeyhead
01-29-03, 09:34 PM
i would take it back to best buy if you still have original packaging.... its worth the shot to save on shipping, plus you will get a new one faster

Shagster
01-29-03, 09:37 PM
tell them you bought it as a birthday present for someone and it doesnt work

Joe
01-30-03, 03:07 PM
The thing is i bought it on 10/01/02 and i cant imagine Best Buy wants anything do with it now? Anyone work at the BB? I may try and I do have original package etc.. :-(

Shagster
01-30-03, 03:11 PM
Amro works at bestbuy. Try to go to the customer service desk and tell them that you just got it for a friend for a birthday present and it doesnt work and you really need a replacement. And if they tell you they need a receipt for when you bought it tell them you threw it away because you believed you wouldnt have that problem cuz you assumed best buy sold quality products.

But dont get an attitude because i heard best buy is police happy

Joe
01-30-03, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by THEshaggy
Amro works at bestbuy. Try to go to the customer service desk and tell them that you just got it for a friend for a birthday present and it doesnt work and you really need a replacement. And if they tell you they need a receipt for when you bought it tell them you threw it away because you believed you wouldnt have that problem cuz you assumed best buy sold quality products.

But dont get an attitude because i heard best buy is police happy

I have the reciept... Calling AMRO!!!

Shagster
01-30-03, 04:40 PM
Amro's a good guy...
Hope things turn out well for you :)
(even if its an ATI)

Joe
01-30-03, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by THEshaggy
Hope things turn out well for you :)
(even if its an ATI)

hey now.. that vid card worked awesome when it did.. :-( lol

anyhow.. i PM'ed Amro and also fired off a email to Bestbuy.com asking them about the situation.. hopefully they will reply with good newz!!

YARDofSTUF
01-30-03, 05:26 PM
good luck!